My thoughts are that both TKA procedures ultimately get the patient to the same place. This has just been a much easier and faster recovery than my Jan ‘23 traditional. Played a total of 16 games of PB this week without any issues. I do ice when I get home and take a little Tylenol before...
Just had my 2nd and last PT session. Spent about 15 mins on the bike and then had measurements take. At day 35 my extension was 0 and my flexion was 122! Can’t believe how much easier this JIFFY proceedure has been. Even my super sensitivity is improving everyday as is swelling which is still...
Played 4 games of pickleball Monday and 6 games Wednesday just 32 days from my Jiffy TKA…it was really good to get back on the court. My surgeon had asked me to send him a video. He was awestruck at how well it went! Had a surgical scar massage a couple of days ago. Have my first actual PT...
I am now 22 days out from my Jiffy knee replacement. I have been walking unassisted for weeks now with little pain except the feeling of tightness in the knee. Am now sleeping well without being awakened with little stabs of pain. I have over 90 bend and good extension. I am also doing my own...
I’m going to disagree here a bit. The Jiffy procedure is not more complicated nor does it take longer. My procedure took 45 mins and the recovery, now at 20 days is day and night compared to my previous knee in Jan ‘23. Yes, surgeons need some additional training but the quad and corresponding...
Friday morning and all seems good! Sensitivity along my incision seems to be subsiding a bit as it’s really the only thing bothering me. Oh, the knee is stiff but not too sore so I can do a few gentle heel slides.
I did use a bit of Vaseline on my incision this morning as it is very dry but...
After two tough days I’m actually feeling good today and can put full weight on my knee with minimal discomfort. So easy to over do it with the Jiffy procedure as you feel so good so soon! Today is day 14.
Now 12 days since my Jiffy knee. Have been to PT twice now and have suffered badly after each session. I am the first Jiffy patient and they had me doing exercises more for quad and calf strengthening which are not needed. As a result, I went into quite a bit of weight bearing pain for 24-48...
By now I assume you had your surgery. I just jumped back on here having just had a robotic assisted Jiffy RTKR. Over 2 years ago I had a traditional LTKR. The differences between the two are staggering. Upper quad area and assorted tendons and ligaments were left alone. I have been only on...
Just had a robotic assisted Jiffy proceedure April 10 through AZ Ortho in Sun City AZ. What a difference between the Jiffy and my traditional TKR Jan 2023. Been walking unassisted since day 4 and with just one 4-5 hour hiccup, I’ve just been kn Tylenol. Bandage is off and scar looks awesome...
Now 9 days in and walking without assistance for several days. Sleeping well and still on Tylenol but not really sure I need it. 81mg of Aspirin, a 7.5mg of Meloxicam and Dexthrasone for inflamation but only 2 more pills. Removed my bandage yesterday and scar looks great.
I had a traditional LTKR in January 2023 which I documented extensively during the first 6 months or so. Last year I suffered a bilateral meniscus tear, and along with osteoarthritis, I knew another knee was in my further. I live in Yuma AZ and none of the 3 orthopedic surgeons in my area...
Well, here we go with another knee forthcoming. Just over 2 years since my left TKR and while it is still a bit stiff with the tight band feeling I can live with it!
Now looking to get my right knee replaced. BUT, it will be a Jiffy knee replacement this time. Curious if others have had the...
I do have a follow up appt with my OS mid October. Will look at the new knee as well as the right knee with the meniscus tear. I am going to start a 30 min walking routine once we are back in AZ…
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.