Recent content by wifiwildflower

  1. wifiwildflower

    TKR Recovery update: Could this bump be scar tissue?

    Yes I do worry, Mary. This surgery is huge and I want to do anything and everything to stay on top. I'm just so thankful that bonesmart is here and available for answers and encouragement.
  2. wifiwildflower

    TKR Recovery update: Could this bump be scar tissue?

    I'm almost 7 weeks post op and all's going very well. Two days ago, I noticed a bump in the middle of my knee cap under the scar. It's about the size of a pea and "moveable". I started massaging it w/ oil, etc. It got a little larger after the massage. No pain; just wondering if anyone has an...
  3. wifiwildflower

    TKR "Knee-Day" 3 December 2013

    Glad you are doing so well. My LTKR was Dec. 03. I'm doing well; I'm still having a terrible time sleeping. I'm trying to cut back on the heavy pain meds and use more ibuprofen. Staples come out tomorrow!!
  4. wifiwildflower

    TKR Recovery update: Could this bump be scar tissue?

    For sure! Glad for the reminder..... :spin:
  5. wifiwildflower

    TKR Recovery update: Could this bump be scar tissue?

    Thanks! It is a miracle what medicine can do for us....I'm getting a little better everyday.
  6. wifiwildflower

    TKR Recovery update: Could this bump be scar tissue?

    What are these "zing" sensations around my incision? I just showered and gently patted my knee dry and now have these electric like feelings coming from my wound. Strange...not terribly painful, but different.
  7. wifiwildflower

    TKR Recovery update: Could this bump be scar tissue?

    NetballKnees, Thank you! I'm using more ice and it does help alot!
  8. wifiwildflower

    TKR Recovery update: Could this bump be scar tissue?

    We live in NW Arkansas and it's now looking like another storm may be headed this way over the weekend. Oh well; couldn't ask for a better time to lay around and do nothing! I'm doing a little better everyday. How about you? What day did you leave the hospital?
  9. wifiwildflower

    TKR Recovery update: Could this bump be scar tissue?

    Thanks...I'm pretty tired and just feel like laying around. Learning so much from this site.
  10. wifiwildflower

    TKR Recovery update: Could this bump be scar tissue?

    Thank you Josephine, the P.T. was just here and said the same. I appreciate your advise!
  11. wifiwildflower

    TKR Recovery update: Could this bump be scar tissue?

    I think all's going very well. We had a considerable snow/ice storm and we had to leave the hospital Thursday morning (12/05) around 10 a.m. (Surgery was Tuesday (12/03/13) in order to beat the storm before getting "iced in".) We live in a remote area of the Ozark mountains. Had a rough couple...
  12. wifiwildflower

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    I'm having the same type of pain behind my knee and down into my calf. I massage them in the evening which seems to help. My surgery is Dec. 03rd and I am ready to move on......get it fixed!
  13. wifiwildflower

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Thank you so much! I'm also trying to get all my ducks in a row. It sucks to do this around the holidays, but I had no choice. I'll be thinking of you as well and it will be so good to compare notes when we're on the other side.
  14. wifiwildflower

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    We all have to keep in touch about our progress...I'm not sleeping well either; having weird dreams. I also now have new pains...the back of my knee and my calf muscles are SO sore. Does anyone else have this? The leg muscles must be way out of alignment.
Back
Top Bottom