Guest viewing is limited

TKR Recovery update: Could this bump be scar tissue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost 7 weeks post op and all's going very well. Two days ago, I noticed a bump in the middle of my knee cap under the scar. It's about the size of a pea and "moveable". I started massaging it w/ oil, etc. It got a little larger after the massage. No pain; just wondering if anyone has an idea what it could be. Thank you..
 
I'm going to tag @Josephine and let her answer your question. She's probably snoozing peacefully right now, so it may be tomorrow before she gets the tag. I don't think this is anything to be worried about, though.

Oh...and I merged your latest thread with your original recovery thread and adjusted the title. We ask that members keep their recovery updates, questions and concerns in a single thread so that it is easier to go back and read what you've experienced so far. It's easier to have all this information in one spot. Please continue to use this thread when you have an update or question. If you decide you want a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed.
 
It'll be an internal suture. Leave it alone and it will go away. Might take a few weeks though but nothing to worry about.
 
The 4-8 week point can be the most trying. I did not see any description referring to your thread title (a bump you're wondering about). In any case, scar tissue doesn't cause a bump. I think you are a bit worried, but most of us are, and our legs provide a smorgasbord of sensations that give up plenty to worry about!!
 
Yes I do worry, Mary. This surgery is huge and I want to do anything and everything to stay on top. I'm just so thankful that bonesmart is here and available for answers and encouragement.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom