Recent content by WhenImOld

  1. W

    TKR Ask The Expert post op pain webinar

    Where can I find the videos for these?
  2. W

    TKR One day at a time!

    It absolutely was!
  3. W

    TKR One day at a time!

    Well I'm still not back to work but through no fault of my bionic knee. HR is terribly slow at processing things so I'm just relaxing. I went horseback riding on Monday. It was good. Better than I'd expected. Just a nice trail ride, on my old man. That was a huge milestone for me. :egypdance:
  4. W

    TKR Help please for one week out Right TKR

    Hi Robin, welcome! I can't give you much info on the Tylenol PM, as I'm allergic to benadryl so I can't take it. I did take Unison, which has a different active ingredient, along with the Tylenol dosage separately. It didn't seem to help me much. It was close to 10 weeks before I slept through...
  5. W

    TKR Nettie's knee - underestimated this surgery

    This was me for so long. I don't sit still well. :heehee: My mental progress check was always 'could I do this last week?' And then it became, 'when was the last time I thought about my knee?' We have very uneven gravel in our back yard so my daily test became watering. Each day I'd try another...
  6. W

    TKR I'm back!!!!

    Hah! I came to see how you were getting along. This is great news! Congratulations :loveshwr:
  7. W

    TKR One day at a time!

    So I'm up to 15 weeks. Short term disability is coming to an end soon so I'm ramping myself up to go back to work. This morning I braved the gym. A half hour walk, at an easy pace, adjusting the incline seemed to be good. It was a nice stretch and really felt Ok. Straight home to the recliner...
  8. W

    TKR Nettie's knee - underestimated this surgery

    Oh @nettie! I feel you. I'm now 15 weeks out from my RTKR. Those first few weeks I couldn't believe I did this to myself voluntarily. And every second was focused on my knee. Once it would feel moderately better, I simply had to get up and move, which would invariably put me right back on the...
  9. W

    TKR SpaceGirls Road to Recovery Knee #2

    This is so good to hear! Congratulations and keep it up! Hah, and we are supposed to go to Alaska in May also, on the Bliss, fingers crossed!
  10. W

    TKR One day at a time!

    They do! You have a nice evening, Lee!
  11. W

    TKR Tkr stiffness

    You may want to try backing off of the exercises a bit, especially the squats. The tight band feeling is being caused by swelling internally. I know someone else mentioned that water exercises are pretty strenuous, but don't remember the details off-hand. I'm sure someone will jump in quickly though
  12. W

    TKR One day at a time!

    Well, I'm coming up on 14 weeks post-op. Overall, pretty darn good. The last week I've really noticed a difference in how much I can do, and even though it gets pretty tired when I'm working it, ice will usually fix it up within an hour or two. Yesterday I got cocky again, though. On my walk I...
  13. W

    TKR Tkr stiffness

    Hi there. You're about to get a ton of information from the wonderful moderators but a quick welcome! You are not the only one. We are all learning that we have no control over the knee. It controls us! Can you tell us what you're doing on a daily basis for starters?
  14. W

    TKR Celebrate the little wins

    I have this same blue Amazon cushion. I hate it.
  15. W

    Knee Infection* DSJ's knee Saga

    Oh no! Hopefully the two weeks will fly but I know they won't seem like it when you're waiting!
Back
Top Bottom