Recent content by WestTexasGal

  1. WestTexasGal

    Bilateral TKR BTKR post op 4 hours<

    Getting the staples out didn't hurt at all. I promise! (Getting stitches out hurts a lot, IMHO.)
  2. WestTexasGal

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    First pic is two days post op right TKR Second pic is 4 weeks post op both knees
  3. WestTexasGal

    Bilateral TKR BTKR post op 4 hours<

    You are so sweet to ask! I'm exactly three weeks out from my BTKR and my sweet husband was the best! He pretty much did everything that has already been mentioned, but one thing that he also did that I was so grateful for was staying through the night with me in the hospital and then the first...
  4. WestTexasGal

    Bilateral TKR Wheels Up!!!!

    Celle....Thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I've really taken it to heart. Monday evening on the way home from PT, my left knee began to scream. By the time my husband got me home I was in tears. (I had been thinking that PT hadn't been as rough as the prior session, but I guess it...
  5. WestTexasGal

    Bilateral TKR Wheels Up!!!!

    On Wednesday I'll be three weeks out from my BTKR and all continues to go well. I feel a bit guilty about complaining, but I know that my fellow BSrs will understand. I guess today it really hit me that recovery will be a LONG process. I know everyone says that, but maybe I just didn't process...
  6. WestTexasGal

    Bilateral TKR Bubbles BTKR 9 November 2015

    So glad you're getting better, but what a great lesson for all of us. Listen to your body!! And also, it's okay to ask for help!! I hope the rest of your recovery is completely uneventful!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. WestTexasGal

    Bilateral TKR Wheels Up!!!!

    I spent a week at a rehab hospital and had 3 hours of PT each day. I came home from rehab last Friday and had my first out-patient PT on Wed. I didn't have it yesterday due to the holiday, but will start with 3x per week on Monday. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. WestTexasGal

    Bilateral TKR Wheels Up!!!!

    Two weeks and three days post BTKR and certainly getting better everyday. Working on my ROM exercises, but never to the point of pain. Stamina still isn't very good. It doesn't take much at all to wipe me out and/or make me pay dearly later that day or the next. Not using either a walker or...
  9. WestTexasGal

    Bilateral TKR Wheels Up!!!!

    I've been home from hospital/rehab for two days and here's a few observations: 1) All I want to do is sleep--3 naps per day (plus I'm sleeping well at night). 2) Still not much of an appetite. 3) I haven't done any of the exercises that rehab sent me home with. (I sure don't want to go...
  10. WestTexasGal

    Bilateral TKR Wheels Up!!!!

    Yes, it's a GREAT feeling. Particularly when I think of the pain I was in just a week ago! Tonight I put a few dishes in the dishwasher, picked up some paper that one of the dogs tore up, and made a quick trip to the pet store with my husband to pick up a pet gate. Boring and mundane...yes...
  11. WestTexasGal

    Bilateral TKR Wheels Up!!!!

    Nothing like being home!! Released from rehab this morning. My pain is under control and I'm getting around well with my walker. I'm really grateful for the week in rehab to prepare me to (for the most part) take care of myself at home--even though I have terrific husband.
  12. WestTexasGal

    Bilateral TKR Wheels Up!!!!

    Great day today! Pain is still under control, I was approved to go to the bathroom by myself, PT is going really well and today they had me get into a bed that's 33" off the ground, get in and out of a car, and use a toilet without a riser. But that's not all. They let me know that I can be...
  13. WestTexasGal

    Bilateral TKR Wheels Up!!!!

    Funny that it was so easy, huh? This morning I did the same thing at PT and the therapist said "sure!" She's going to document it for me in the morning.
  14. WestTexasGal

    Bilateral TKR Wheels Up!!!!

    My pain is still being managed properly, I continue to feel great, and also to progress in PT. (PT has been a pleasant surprise as no one has tried to push me to do things that I didn't want to do.) I was also very surprised this morning after I met with my assigned therapist for the first...
  15. WestTexasGal

    Bilateral TKR Wheels Up!!!!

    My husband and I built our "final resting spot" a couple of years ago with 36" wide doors, all walk in showers, and exactly zero stairs. (We just didn't think we had to take advantage of these features so soon!)
Back
Top Bottom