Recent content by Welshchick

  1. W

    TKR Welshchick 10 days on

    Thank you Josephine and apologies for starting a new thread - I was so pleased to get back in here, I forgot about my previous thread!:blush: Well, they say pride comes before a fall and I'm no exception. During the Christmas holiday I noticed a small septic spot at the top of my scar. I...
  2. W

    TKR back problems<

    Sorry to hear about your sciatica, Tippy1. I have a lot of back problems - partially herniated discs, cysts, arthritis - and I had severe sciatica after my LTKR which only eased when I got back to my normal exercise routine - lots of swimming. I refused to do elevations because of the strain...
  3. W

    TKR Swmrgirl Is Up For Air

    It might be worth checking if your calf muscle is very tight - mine was pre- and immediately post-operation and that affects the flexibility of the ankle and can cause very painful feet.
  4. W

    TKR Sleepless in Seattle

    Hi Alice and Sleepilu. I'm another insomniac - I'm not a good sleeper anyway, but it's been worse since my op. The first thing is to try not to worry about it - the more you worry, the worse it gets. You will get your normal sleep patterns back eventually. Meanwhile, as others have said try...
  5. W

    TKR Welshchick 10 days on

    Hello everyone. For some reason I've not been able to access the site until today, but it's reappeared on my screen today and a change of password has got me in, so here's my update I had my RTKR 5 weeks and a day ago and it's now nearly 9 months since my LTKR. Things have gone pretty well...
  6. W

    TKR Welshchick 10 days on

    Thanks Josephine. My GP has only given me enough 15/500 for three days! I'll use the 30/500 at night I think. Meanwhile, the hospital sent me home with a large bottle of lactulose and that side of things is fine. I'm more bothered by my " waterworks" - I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one...
  7. W

    TKR Welshchick 10 days on

    My RTKR was done on 24th November, to my relief. After three days my ROM was 91 degrees, I was managing well with crutches, including stairs and the pain was reasonably under control. However as the wound was still seeping quite a bit, I stayed in hospital for the full week, and came home a...
  8. W

    2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    Hospital have confirmed they have a bed for me tomorrow, so after four or five changes of date, it's finally going ahead. I'm not looking forward to the next few days, but will see you on th e other side. Good luck to my fellow Nimbles.
  9. W

    Awaiting RTKR and in a lot of pain - in my foot

    I was given a knee brace to try some years ago but found it unwearable - it was so uncomfortable and huge - it grated painfully on my other leg, so I haven't tried that. If my operation gets delayed again perhaps I'll have another look at that as a possibility - the pain is particularly bad...
  10. W

    Too young to have a partial knee replacement

    My previous consultant delayed my TKR because I was in his words "too young"and had good mobility, but a lot of pain. I got by with cortisone injections and anti-inflammatories. However, by the time my present surgeon put me on the list for operation, bits of arthritic material were breaking...
  11. W

    spinal

    I've had a spinal a couple of times - for my LTKR and for a caesarian section. For the LTKR I had sedation (not the same as GA) and a local anaesthetic injected into the joint post op to help with pain. I much prefer the spinal to GA - far fewer side effects, quicker recovery to full...
  12. W

    TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

    Glad they're helping, Time to Live. I had dreadful bruising after LTKR and found arnica cream helpful. I hope you are beginning to feel a bit better. It's interesting reading about your experiences - things seem very different in the US from here in Britain. I was told it was vital to wear...
  13. W

    TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

    Hello Timetolive, I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain. I hope that you can get your meds changed to something that both suits and helps you. Your emotions are bound to be affected by the trauma of the operation - your poor knee hasn't registered yet how much better it's going to feel in a...
  14. W

    MUA 12 Weeks Post-Op and still havining PAIN<

    JB71, the experts have given you lots of good advice. The leaflet I had from my hospital also said that it's important to remember that TK is a huge trauma for the body and it's bound to affect you emotionally as well - which may include feeling blue at times. I found the first month terribly...
Back
Top Bottom