Recent content by wcgirl

  1. wcgirl

    THR Piriformis Syndrome 3 years after THR?

    I signed up and have ID# but haven't received the zoom link. Not sure what happened?
  2. wcgirl

    THR Piriformis Syndrome 3 years after THR?

    Wow! Time has flown. I finally got a teleheath conference w my PT so that I was covered by my insurance. We talked over the phone and my pain was from BURSITIS. So I sit on a tennis ball right where the pain is on a cushion. It works as a massage as I move from side to side. Then I do gentle...
  3. wcgirl

    THR Piriformis Syndrome 3 years after THR?

    Things are improving nicely. I am closing up my summer home so that’s been a challenge. I’ve gone from a 10 to a 2 on the pain scale when I overdo it. I am not in constant pain, mostly pain free. Next season I’ll make it a point to get some help!
  4. wcgirl

    THR Piriformis Syndrome 3 years after THR?

    Thank you fellow hippies for sharing! I have clicked on the Piriformis Syndrome link from Jaysey above and it matched my symptoms. I also had my Annual Doctors visit yesterday. I am sitting on an ice pack from time to time. And I’ve tried a couple of the stretches in bed. I am busy this morning...
  5. wcgirl

    THR Piriformis Syndrome 3 years after THR?

    Jaycey I’d like to change this thread heading to ‘Piriformis Syndrome 3 years after THR’? Thank you.
  6. wcgirl

    THR Piriformis Syndrome 3 years after THR?

    I have been blessed with great success w my hip replacements. I do Burdenko pool exercises regularly starting one year prior to 1st surgery. I had been going 3x a week from 2014 to 2020 when Covid shut things down. I have substituted other activities but it’s nothing like the rehab pool. I have...
  7. wcgirl

    THR Piriformis Syndrome 3 years after THR?

    What I love best about Bonesmart are the links. I’ve gone back over Dislocation videos on getting in & out of the car and the bed. And how to elevate my leg(s) properly. I have been a bit careless.
  8. wcgirl

    THR Piriformis Syndrome 3 years after THR?

    It’s been a while since I’ve been here. I am looking for info on hip pain after 2018 RTHR replacement. I’m not sure if I need to start a new thread. Please advise. Pain is in the middle of my buttock and is fine at rest - sitting or lying down. I have no other symptoms. Also, I went to the pool...
  9. wcgirl

    THR Wcgirl again painting rainbows

    Thank you @Celle, you have eased my mind immeasurably! Yes, I have been looking into the parathyroid side. So far so good, but I am following up. It helps me to find someone who has had experience in this regard. Nothing like sharing experiences. Have a good safe holiday.:thankyou:
  10. wcgirl

    THR Wcgirl again painting rainbows

    Wow, I can’t believe I haven’t been here for over a year! Thank you @Barbaraj for your kind words. I hope you are doing great. I do have a question for our advisors. I am 5 1/2 & 3 years out from total hip replacements. I notice that I feel better every year! But this past year I have been...
  11. wcgirl

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Good morning @Nchiodo Hope you have found some comfort here. I have replaced each hip Left in 2015 & right 2018. Bonesmart held my hand before & after surgery. You’ll find That the advisors here have the best info. I read & reread everything throughout my recovery to confirm what I was going...
  12. wcgirl

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    Thank you @Constanze! I have not been here for awhile. You & I are fellow hipsters from April ‘15. I have my right hip replaced October’18. So sorry to hear of your bicycle accident. COVID isolation certainly could not help with pain especially when PT and massage therapy have not been available...
  13. wcgirl

    THR Here We Go Again!

    :loveshwr:Good afternoon @Barbaraj. It's been 11 months since my 2nd RTHR, Oct 2018. At that time you were talking about 'some day' for your 2nd replacement. I'm glad that you didn't put if off too long as you were so uncomfortable when I was on Bonesmart in January. I was shocked that my 2nd...
  14. wcgirl

    Gearing Up for Round Two

    I was just catching up my 'thread' and thought I'd catch up with you. And here you are preparing for your 2nd hip. I had my LTHR done April 2015 and my right hip was perfect then. Come April 2018 and my xray showed I had no cartilage left! I had a shot that worked until I walked all over Rome &...
Back
Top Bottom