Recent content by wberry

  1. wberry

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    @Josephine actually they are no different from the earlier images i posted in this thread. There was no difference from last exam and this one. The patella is still coming in contact with the patella on its right side when knee bends and I either step up, or down. Apparently the action pulls...
  2. wberry

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    Beriable for not. PA offered an injection if I needed it Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. wberry

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    Well visit with the OS was a long one. We went through xrays, CT scans everything. My OS does a lot of revisions and TKRs, around 500 a year. He thought he had gotten everything fixed and never anticipated this at all. The work he did last year took care of all my issues. But this patella...
  4. wberry

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    @NAUChick I picked the hospital in case there are issues. I know either can have an infection risk. Look at the history of the facility and make the call. Did they give you a choice?
  5. wberry

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    @Celle actually he has only had one go at it. he is who i went to after the first surgeon. I picked him as the most experienced revision specialist I could find. I did see him and one other and picked him. I do plan to seek our another surgeon after I see him this week. I just feel more...
  6. wberry

    Revision TKR Knee implant failure.

    I selected the hospital just in case there are complications. Plus PT was there already. This surgery was a bit more than what I wanted in a surgical center. Also it was the quickest I could get in. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. wberry

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    That's scary, hopefully he doesn't get this result often. Aquick review of what was done for my revision: 1. taller spacer 2. lateral release on the right side to hopefully re center the knee cap 3. Some slight removal on the right side of the knee cap to help see if it made the difference...
  8. wberry

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    Okay folks, Thursday is the big day. I see Dr. Pappademus at my one year out. No change since i saw him earlier this year. I have been using the elevators a lot and only do stairs on the left knee. When I have tried the right it is still doing the same thing and hurts to do a climb or even a...
  9. wberry

    Revision TKR Knee implant failure.

    Another point, when my wife came to picked me up from the hospital, we had a 2 hour drive back. it was raining cats and dogs and my wife was scare to death and pulled over. Guess how we got home? I drove and used my right leg and knee that i just had a revision on. The day after surgery I...
  10. wberry

    Revision TKR Knee implant failure.

    Hi: Small world, Dr. Pappodemus in Wichita did my revision surgery, but it was a limited revision. The only hardware that was changed out was my spacer, the upper and lower prosthetic are the original set. Despite that the recovery was similar to a revision recovery. Still had to go through...
  11. wberry

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    Sigh, yea, this is looking more and more apparent. I am getting so tired of this. I went from my present OS to a serious second opinion and visits to get my current one that did the spacer revision and lateral release. His plan was supposed to fix my really loose knee, which he did and...
  12. wberry

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    I am spinning my wheels until the next appointment at this rate. I am hoping for more details on options then. I will not have anything done until next year probably. I currently cannot do stairs or climb hills with out intense pain as the prosthetic grinds across the back of my knee cap. I...
  13. wberry

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    I had this same procedure done on my knee. Recovery is a lot faster and yes, short stay. It fixed my looseness quite well. I have an additional problem related to my tilted knee cap that is still ongoing. But if your knee cap is straight like 95% of humans you will be fine.
  14. wberry

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    @newlybionic can you tell me who you physician was who did the revision to fix yours. Maybe i should have him talk to mine
Back
Top Bottom