Recent content by Walkingon

  1. Walkingon

    TKR Can't believe it has been a year!!

    Glamg1979, Way to go!!! I set a similar goal and at six months I walked on a glacier in Alaska. I'm just past 8 months and I'm not stretching or strengthening enough. Work seems just all consuming. Maybe tomorrow :upright: enjoy your adventures.
  2. Walkingon

    Should I dare to change jobs 7 weeks post staged BTKR?

    I just wanted to make sure I didn't scare you. My advice would to be open with your new superintendent. Science teachers are hard to find. They may be more than willing to work with you. It's just important that you all are on the same page. You won't be protected under FMLA but if your...
  3. Walkingon

    Should I dare to change jobs 7 weeks post staged BTKR?

    I'm an HR manager so I may have a different perspective. Legally you have no responsibility to tell your new employer and they cannot discriminate against you for having this (temporary) disability. You will not qualify for FMLA protection if it is a totally new employer. (You need to be...
  4. Walkingon

    TKR June 22nd--Very Scared about Recovery

    @Barnmom22 My doctor is the one that told me about it but it wouldn't hurt to get another opinion. If the quinine in tonic was harmful though I would be dead after all the gin and tonics I have had. :cheers:
  5. Walkingon

    TKR June 22nd--Very Scared about Recovery

    I went back to work several half days during my third week. Luckily I have a desk job that allowed me to elevate it a little and ice it. I wouldn't recommend this for everyone but you may be able to see a few clients during that third week, just space them out throughout the week. I know what...
  6. Walkingon

    TKR A week ago today<

    I had some of that burning feeling as well. My PT said that there are a lot of nerves that are making new connections. I don't have it anymore at 4 months but I can't remember when it went away. Great job on your progress. Those are great numbers. Everybody handles therapy different. If you...
  7. Walkingon

    TKR Wobbley knee

    I had swelling for about 10 weeks. Part of the problem is that I started back to work too soon. I agree, it sounds like you are doing a lot. I only had PT twice per week and he didn't push me very much the first 4 weeks. Ice was my best friend. I iced it throughout the day at work and when I...
  8. Walkingon

    Are you having TKR for mobility issues rather than pain?

    I had all the cartilage removed from both my knees when I was in high school. They said they didn't think it was needed that much! I am 60 now so I felt that I waited as long as I could. I want to be able to walk normally. I haven't had a fully straight leg in decades. I did have swelling and...
  9. Walkingon

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    Hi PoorKnees, I remember those early weeks so well. Let's see, running a low grade fever in the afternoon with a very hot new knee. I also had the tight band feeling which they say is caused by scaring under the skin but it goes away after a month or so. Sometimes I would just start crying...
  10. Walkingon

    TKR Almost at my 3 month Anniversary RTKR<

    Thanks Josephine, That was one of the things I was thinking it might be. I have been using muscles I didn't know I had! @Josephine
  11. Walkingon

    TKR Almost at my 3 month Anniversary RTKR<

    Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. You all probably thought I had dropped off the face of the earth. We had a family wedding and it was crazy before we left and crazy when we got back. The pain I have is in RF1-E. It still is there after almost 6 weeks and after all the walking I did...
  12. Walkingon

    TKR Almost at my 3 month Anniversary RTKR<

    Thanks Celle, I would really appreciate her input.
  13. Walkingon

    TKR Almost at my 3 month Anniversary RTKR<

    Has anyone had bone pain at the lower right side of the knee? I'm a little concerned because I had a small stress fracture in my ankle a month or so after surgery to repair another fracture. My bones must be made of dust! It's not sharp pain and it isn't around a tendon or muscle. My therapist...
  14. Walkingon

    TKR Almost at my 3 month Anniversary RTKR<

    It's Interesting to hear the difference in treatments in different countries. I really didn't do too much until three weeks. Today my therapists used kinesio tape on my knee. It is supposed to help with nerve sensitivity and swelling. It is in a crisscross pattern and looks like something a punk...
  15. Walkingon

    TKR Almost at my 3 month Anniversary RTKR<

    I have an excellent PT. He helped me through rotator cuff and a broken ankle. He doesn't hurt me but he is helping build my quads and stretch the hamstring to get me better flexibility. It was funny a couple of weeks ago I was working with the leg press machine and he said, look how your leg is...
Back
Top Bottom