Recent content by walkagainV

  1. walkagainV

    THR WalkagainV is walking again :)

    randy62 - Wow... I'm impressed! That's awesome! I can't do squats right now, but that's because of my right knee...not my left hip replacement. In fact, since I've been back working out, my left leg is less painful than my right....weird! But, its probably because I have a brand new hip on...
  2. walkagainV

    THR WalkagainV is walking again :)

    randy62...My double mastectomy was in 2011. I am aware of the act that says insurance companies have to pay for reconstruction. But, I still have to pay my deductible and 20% :( Trust me, it's like another car payment, and that's without the hip replacement. If you were active before, you...
  3. walkagainV

    THR WalkagainV is walking again :)

    zauberflöte.... I did not go ahead with the testing. They called to schedule and I just didn't answer my phone :) If it gets worse, or doesn't go away in a couple of months, then I will have to break down and get it done. I am faring well after Kick Boxing... my arms felt like noodles :) My...
  4. walkagainV

    THR WalkagainV is walking again :)

    Well, great news... I believe the swelling has gone down a little. I've been walking like crazy 1-2 miles a day, and Saturday I went to a kick boxing class and made it all the way through!!! I didn't do any of the high impact stuff, but I honestly didn't think I would be able to do the whole...
  5. walkagainV

    THR WalkagainV is walking again :)

    My surgeon is still mystified by the amount of swelling and tenderness. All blood work came back fine. CRP (C-Reactive Protein... the amount of inflammation in the body) was a little higher than normal, but nothing drastic. He now wants me to have bone scans and Indium scans. If those light...
  6. walkagainV

    THR WalkagainV is walking again :)

    Poppet... my cuts and bruises are healing well. My leg was really swollen last night.... felt like I was sitting on a piece of steel :( I have another follow-up appt today with the surgeon. Thank you so much for checking on me!
  7. walkagainV

    THR WalkagainV is walking again :)

    Well, the good news is my new hip is still perfect!! But, the OS ordered X-Rays just to be sure. I am walking perfectly, so I knew I hadn't done any damage there. :) The bad news...he said my swelling was not normal this far out. I know people say they have swelling for a long time, but mine...
  8. walkagainV

    THR WalkagainV is walking again :)

    Well, I was doing so well. The only issue I had was a very hard swelling over the incision which hasn't gone down...and is very painful to sleep on. Then, last week, I tripped over something in the warehouse at work and fell pretty hard! Badly bruised both palms of my hands, cut my left...
  9. walkagainV

    No longer a newbie THR September 2nd . . . . . . Eeeeeeeek

    Red Shoe... Loved the video! You have a beautiful voice. FYI, I live in the US but I'm British. Welsh Actually...and I'm also a singer. 4 Part harmony chorus :) Good luck... You have something to recover for... that always makes it so much easier!!!
  10. walkagainV

    No longer a newbie THR September 2nd . . . . . . Eeeeeeeek

    Red Shoe.. what kind of singing do you do? PDH63 & Red Shoe... I know how scarey waiting for the surgery can be. But trust me, it's well worth it and not nearly as bad as you might think. My life before the surgery was awful. I could do nothing, and go nowhere. It was horrible. Especially...
  11. walkagainV

    THR WalkagainV is walking again :)

    zauberflöte...I'm sorry I have not replied before now. As you probably know, I started a new job May 28th... my hours are 7am to 3:30pm. So when I get home, I'm exhausted :) But, I am loving the new job so I can't complain The thunderstorms last week were incredible. Luckily, I made it home...
  12. walkagainV

    THR Designer girl has a shiny new hip!

    designergirl... What a great update! So glad you are doing so well! I love the new photo of you and your daughter!! Take care, Valarie
  13. walkagainV

    THR WalkagainV is walking again :)

    zauberflöte... I'm glad you're doing ok. It gets better everyday! I agree though... my "good" leg hurts more. My hip and knee are screaming. But, I need to lose about 20 lbs or so... I'm sure that would help things a lot! You should make sure you're not doing too much... that sounds like...
  14. walkagainV

    THR WalkagainV is walking again :)

    Josephine... thank you once again! Now I know there's nothing to be concerned about. I will also try the Tylenol. But, when I went for my 6 week check up with my OS, he said I should be coming off the pain meds... I only have a few left, so I don't think he'll give me anymore, so I've been...
  15. walkagainV

    THR WalkagainV is walking again :)

    zauberflöte... thank you for your kind words and for caring! How are you coming along? Kim22... I don't have an appointment with my OS until August. How are you doing these days? Poppet... I really got lucky with my new job. I work for some great people who genuinely care! Josephine...
Back
Top Bottom