Hey girl glad to hear you are doing OK. my left does not have the range of my right leg so descending steep stairs is an issue. But on the whole life has been good and worth having both done. I don't take any medications so feel good about that. Hope you are enjoying your holiday. We will be on...
Hi all
Thought I would touch base since I was a May Marvel in 2018. IT has just been over one year since my first TKR and the second was done on the 29 May. I can't believe how quick it has gone. I can report that they are both doing well. The L which was the last one still does not have the...
I have not walked in the hills for many years due to the knees being bad. Post operatively I am four months for RTKR and LTKR 3 months and had my first hike and did quite an incline. Came home and iced and pulled up quite well. Waited a few weeks and have done a flat hike this time. Slowly...
Hey @nuttybrunette I am doing well. My left leg still reminds me that it has been operated particarky the nerve issue. But everyone at work is amazed at what I do considering I have had two knee replacements. Dancing was wonderful to move to the music and we will commence a more regular regime...
I can understand why you would want to wait. You are young. I have 11 years on you and was desperate to get back on the dance floor. I knew if I did them six months apart that meant a longer return date. So I ensured I was fit enough to endure two in four weeks. The first for weeks I did...
Oh sorry you are in pain. I hope your pain management is on target. You must still have lost of swelling. Very unusual that you would have manual manipulation already.
Those much wiser than me will respond to your concerns. But make sure you do ice and elevation as well as pain medication as...
Update. Saw the doctor on Monday and he is very happy with my progress. He thinks the nerve issue will settle down. But said I could go back to dancing. I have been doing stairs at work everyday climbing 10 flights (stopping at 5 &7 for a short breathing alignment) it has caused me no...
Hello I wonder if it is swelling or nerves not yet back in their proper place. MY left leg still is nit happy and the physio says it's aggravated sciatic nerve. Any way there are others here who can offer some wisdom. Good luck with your recovery
hello welcome to the forum. your apprehension is normal. I think we all think that if you are fit your recovery is much better. I have had two knees done and am much better for having it done. I think you must feel confident with your surgeons capability. I am not sorry I have had them done...
Hello yes stiffness and tightness will be there for awhile were you given any anti inflammatory drugs,
I have been taking them from day one. I am not sure how my legs would be without them. How is your pain relief 90 is goood. Ice and elevation is what I did most of my three weeks before going...
Yes i am sure over time many things will just fall into place. I work at a desk job and returned to work early July. But getting up and down and walking to the photocopier is great excercise. But I do push myself a bit more each time. I have gained about 3kg since the surgery. Don't want that to...
thanks for that I think expectations can be high. thankfully sleeping is improving and no heavy duty drugs. But the sciatic keg pain has been disconcerting
Had physio yesterday and the left leg is improving slowly. Have lots of aching in lower left leg and sore ankle and it appears it is the sciatic nerve. So have all these nerve sliding exercises to do. Also the glutes need to be stronger but two days in a row I have done 12000 steps. Could this...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.