Recent content by Virginia123

  1. V

    TKR My TKR Journey

    I am at the same point you are and get very frustrated with a good day and no pain and then have horrible pain come rushing back. When that happens I try and do a do nothing day which seems to help. It is so hard as you just want to feel normal again…
  2. V

    TKR Post op LTKR pain, instability, dislocation?

    i am 5 weeks Out and cannot begin to sleep on my side and my back is complaining. Also sleep is still a struggle even as pain is more tolerable. I am beginning to worry my muscles are turning to mush!
  3. V

    TKR Susie-Q's 2nd TKR Recovery Thread

    I am 10 days behind you and your post has given me a lot of encouragemen! It also Gives me a lot to look forward to. I am doing many things you are doing. I just need to add more steps. I got 3600 in today which I am thrilled with! Pain is still there and I am on tylenol round the clock, I am...
  4. V

    TKR Benne68's 1st TKR recovery

    I have similar progress At 4 weeks. Still lots of evening pain. When I wake in The morning my rom and extension has tightened back up and it is hard to get the stretches back To the day before. I still tire easily after being up and about doing daily chores. I do not feel ready to go outside...
  5. V

    MUA Popliteal artery

    Doing all of your rehab exercises at home is just fine. 4 years ago I had my first one done and have great rom doing all my own rehab. Did not do any bicycles or machines. My 2nd one I am doing the same way. As everyone says don’t push it. It took me a year to get through it. The dr told me...
  6. V

    TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

    I Had my 2nd tkr done at the mayo clinic. when I had my first one at mayo in 2017 they had me use compression socks which I HATED. After much frustration after a week I gave them up. My second surgery there, I asked about them and they said they have discontinued Having patients use them. they...
  7. V

    TKR Back again in 2021 ☺

    I am also following you as my surgery was sept 8th. At the mayo clinic where I had my surgery done they use a durabound strip over the entire incision. After my ltkr in 2017 it finally came off at 6 weeks is I inched it off a little at a time. They said again this time at 3 weeks it can come...
  8. V

    TKR Gingerbread's RTKR Recovery Marathon

    I have hit my go to cocktail For sleep finally. Tylenol with hydromorphone 1 hour before bed and a tramadol at bed time. I am getting my much needed 6 hours with that until the pain meds are gone
  9. V

    TKR Gingerbread's RTKR Recovery Marathon

    That’s awesome, when did you start doing sit to stand? That must be difficult!
  10. V

    TKR Benne68's 1st TKR recovery

    Yes today is much better!
  11. V

    TKR Second TKR surgery September 8

    Thank you for your encouragement! Heart is acting normal now So that is good. I am mainly stretching the back of my leg, elevating, icing and about a 1000 steps. I feel like I am elevating and icing 24/7 and not getting anything else much done. Did have 5 grandchildren littles over with parents...
  12. V

    TKR Benne68's 1st TKR recovery

    I have lost my appetite after all of my surgeries and call it the 10lb diet. Pain will cause this as well as drugs. I try to pick only whole foods and stay away from sugary foods as they will cause inflammation, as well as dairy. I have noticed that being super careful of what I eat this time...
  13. V

    TKR Susie-Q's 2nd TKR Recovery Thread

    My Dr does not recomend ice machines as they worry about tissue damage That can occur from excessive cold. They send you home with 2 large ice gel packs instead. Can’t get into trouble with that. I had mine done at the big M clinic. Don’t know if you are supposed to promote institutions
  14. V

    TKR Second TKR surgery September 8

    Thank you very good advice. Oh my right hip replacement is bothering me and aching. I was very knock knee’d so I am wondering if straightening the leg has caused my hip to bother me more. Until my knee was replaced my hip felt pretty good.
  15. V

    TKR Second TKR surgery September 8

    Second TKR surgery September 8 right knee I thought I would be an old hand at this but my last knee replacement was four years ago. I am having still a lot of swelling and pain and I’m getting absolutely no bend yet. I have backed off on home exercises and I’m doing very little to try not to...
Back
Top Bottom