Recent content by Vangheluwec

  1. Vangheluwec

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    I’m just not sure what to expect compared to last time. Everything I’ve read said it’s about the same when it comes to recovery. Good luck with yours
  2. Vangheluwec

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    I have a revision scheduled for April 9th. I fell back in December and landed on my tkr knee and twisted it. Have any of you been through the revision? How was the recovery? Was the pain as bad with the surgery?
  3. Vangheluwec

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    I only have one railing on my stairs. But I’m sure eventually I will get their to. I did have a rough start with my knee and needed the second surgery about a year later.
  4. Vangheluwec

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    I’m thinking it’s something I’ll just have to deal with as well. I have great flexion and extension. And my dr was happy with the strength in my leg. I still do stairs one at a time because I’ve never learned to trust my new knee. But I could do them regular if their not to tall.
  5. Vangheluwec

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    I don’t really do to much exercises. I do plenty of walking at my one job. I’m a host at a restaurant. And I’m also a school bus driver during the week. And yes that looks to be about where the pain is.
  6. Vangheluwec

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    Ok sterile strips we off way over a year ago. Lol this is a new problem. The pain is around the drf1 and drf2. The pain just feel like it’s coming from knee cap area. I am 2 years out from my tkr and one year from my spaced replacement. I haven’t really had any pain in awhile. And the popping...
  7. Vangheluwec

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    I just hope it passes. I’m going to try and get into my os again but that’s at least a few weeks out. And all this grinding and pain is new. I did fall a few weeks ago I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. I was fine right after the fall
  8. Vangheluwec

    MUA 5 week failure<

    I had an mua about 6 weeks post op. I couldn’t get past 60 degrees I think. It was really worth it for me I eventually got up to around 100 degrees. It took me months to get to where I can fully bend it. Be patient with your knee it will get there. The mua helped a lot with the tightness feeling...
  9. Vangheluwec

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    Ok so I am just over 2 years out from my tkr and just over one year from my spaces replacement. I have been having grinding and pooping in my knee. And behind my knee cap hurts.
  10. Vangheluwec

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    I put a wet wash cloth on them for a while and it softened them up. Then I let my daughter pull them off. She enjoyed that very much she was to excited to do it for me. Lol Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  11. Vangheluwec

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    I had pt post op appointment today with os. It went good they want to see me back in 4 weeks to see if my muscle is stronger yet. He told me I could take off the other half of steri strips. I'm afraid to take them off myself though. So right now I am soaking them with a wet wash cloth and I'm...
  12. Vangheluwec

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    Great day at pt today. I got to 105 flexion. Started working on stairs and a few other exceeded. My therapist is great she doesn't want to overwork my knee to the point of pain. Really wish I would of had her last time. Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed...
  13. Vangheluwec

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    Thank you. I will be getting lots of rest today. I'm not leaving my house at all. Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  14. Vangheluwec

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    So my husband was nice and bought me a new pair of tennis shoes. I haven't been able to find a pair that were comfy. I put the pair on in the store and they felt amazing on my foot and gave support where I needed it. Hopefully they will work out I've never bought soucony before. Sent from my...
Back
Top Bottom