Recent content by Uk Hippie

  1. U

    THR Onwards and upwards

    Thanks for yout encouragement Goucestergal65 and Jaycey. I feel generally optimistic....back to work soon for me!
  2. U

    THR Onwards and upwards

    Hi Layla, I think I'm doing good(?). At 4 weeks I'm totally off any painkillers(I think by about week 3 actually), I can move around the house with no crutches. Walking outside is either 1 or 2 crutches. I tend to take 2 if I'm unsure about the distance, but 1 if I'm confident. Yesterday was my...
  3. U

    THR Onwards and upwards

    Day 7. 1 week ago I was having my hip replaced. In some ways it's gone really quick. I'm now worrying that I'm not recovering as fas as I dhoild be. I'm still on paracetamol and codeine ever 3 hours with suppy of icycodone as a 'boost'. I'm trying not tousemyixy boost much, down to one a day...
  4. U

    THR LaKarune's Journey Back to the Dance Floor - Recovery Thread

    @LaKarune so glad I read your diary here. It's tricky to know how much we should be doing at 1 point. Reading your 11 trips to the kitchen for food made me laugh
  5. U

    THR Onwards and upwards

    Good to hear @Mojo333
  6. U

    THR Onwards and upwards

    3 bed excercises which are: clench you buttocks hold, release x 3. Minimal heel slide as comfortable x 3. Plus 1 I can't do which is slide leg outwards slightly and back. Physio said don't worry about that til later. And walks to the loo, or around the house. 3 standing excerises which I...
  7. U

    THR Onwards and upwards

    Thankyou @mojo33. I genuinely felt so emotional I could have proposed to the anaesthetist when I found everything was well. When I was taken to x Ray minus my crutches I had to hug the radiologist to move from chair to bed. They sure have to cope with a lot these medical staff.
  8. U

    THR Onwards and upwards

    Thanks Eman 85. My excercises given by pt are quite minimal and basically are movement. I don't intend doing any workouts.....couldn't even if I wanted to. If I had a broken leg I wouldn't, so im moving basically to stop stiffness setting in, basically a short walk around the home
  9. U

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    Hey @Gloucestergal65 , I'm on the post op side with you now. Day 4 for me. I've discovered Now TV entertainment package. Seems good.
  10. U

    THR Onwards and upwards

    Good to hear Jacey
  11. U

    THR Onwards and upwards

    Day 4. I'm home now btw. Getting in to car was tricky but getting out much easier. Feeling much better now regarding the spontaneous 'weeping'. Hardly any really. I've decided to embrace it and think of it as the operation equivalent of 'drunk texting'. Now I'm home napping is easy. On the...
  12. U

    THR Onwards and upwards

    @LaKarune ,I'm drinking loads of water, and tea. I had nothing to eat on day zero at all and ended up back from theatre at 7 30pm. Eaten full meals on day 1 and 2. I don't feel hungry at all now in the morning if day 3, but my bp has come up to 118 over 68. I've had 2 lots of lactulose...
  13. U

    THR Onwards and upwards

    Day 2 was strange. Felt rather 'run over '. Any effort such as walking to the loo and back made me lightheaded. Bp was a bit low, and really thirsty all the time. Nurses say drink lots of water. Anyone else feel 'weepy'? It's not 'sad', just literally a wobbly face and leaking tears when walking...
  14. U

    THR Onwards and upwards

    Thankyou MissFanny.
  15. U

    THR Onwards and upwards

    It's done! I'm soooo relieved. I was extremely anxious before the op, would it go well, would the GA be okay? Etc. Whe I came round in recovery, the first thing I heard was my OS saying ' operation went well, all done, you have a new hip', and I just felt relief.....now I can get better. Day...
Back
Top Bottom