Recent content by Twocaledonias

  1. T

    TKR 12 Days Out from LTKR and Struggling

    Hi Christie, I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm 6+ months past surgery now and things have not progressed as I would have liked. I ended up having to take Xanax for the kinesiophobia and did a lot of work with some great PTs until about four weeks ago. I regained a lot of strength. But, we...
  2. T

    TKR Let the Recovery and Rehab begin

    Congrats, Semper, on being home the same day! (I was in for three days.) I had two bone on bone knees going in with terrible extension. Extension was the easist for me; almost immediately after surgery I was 100% (is that zero degrees?!). My flexion is very much a challenge. But we're all very...
  3. T

    TKR 10 weeks post op

    @Maximoo I am four weeks out and will likely continue with the walker for some time. I, too, am terrified of falling because I have a really bad right knee that gives out at times and I don't trust it to support the left (surgical) knee. NO ONE told me how hard this was. I wish I had found this...
  4. T

    TKR 12 Days Out from LTKR and Struggling

    My outpatient evaluation was today. Have to say I was pretty impressed and am very hopeful. They're all DPTs and many have orthopedic specialties. They heard me loud and clear about my anxiety and where I am at one month out from surgery. They didn't seem daunted by it and stressed individual...
  5. T

    TKR 12 Days Out from LTKR and Struggling

    Thanks! I feel like I've made so much progress towards independence. Still using walker, not driving, not walking the dog, and still very limited flexion. But I'm walking a lot, going into work twice a week for a while, doing almost all my ADLs around the house, and finally sleeping in my own...
  6. T

    TKR 12 Days Out from LTKR and Struggling

    Jockette Layla beachy Flashlight Dharlee Thank you so much for your advice and support. I was mentally feeling better today and rested some. I did go into my office for the first time for a meeting with my board chair and to explore what kind of accomodations I'll need when I start going in...
  7. T

    TKR 12 Days Out from LTKR and Struggling

    I had a terrible in home PT visit today. I was very tired and was moving a bit slow. During some assisted heel slides, he pushed a little hard and it was excruciating (8 or 9 out of 10). Made me tentative the rest of the appointment. He (a PT assistant) questioned how the PT (his supervisor) who...
  8. T

    TKR Recovery #2

    Mine is being delivered tomorrow!
  9. T

    TKR Recovery #2

    I've wanted one for awhile and will be investing in one before the other tkr!
  10. T

    TKR Recovery #2

    I've totally mastered that one!
  11. T

    TKR 12 Days Out from LTKR and Struggling

    Stiff and sore (thanks for asking!). I let PT push me a little too much on Friday. It didn't feel like it at the time, but I felt it over the weekend. I'm at 50 degress at 3 weeks...walking is fine, flexing still hurts. I have only 2 in-home visits left this week, then I have a one week break...
  12. T

    TKR Recovery #2

    Gives me hope for my next one! Glad this is going better for you.
  13. T

    TKR 12 Days Out from LTKR and Struggling

    Hi Marie: Thanks. I have one of these, but my tub floor is higher than my bathroom floor and I can't raise one side of the bench high enough so that it's level. It's too unstable to safely sit on and transfer to the tub. I'm gonna have to think this through more for my RTKR later in the year.
  14. T

    TKR Recovery #2

    Amazing. It took me two weeks to do this! I just went into the kitchen for the first time today (but I am spoiled by my daughter being here). I could make myself food but can't figure out how to get a plate from the (galley) kitchen to the table with the walker!
  15. T

    TKR 12 Days Out from LTKR and Struggling

    What I wouldn't do for a walk in shower right now! My tub is complicated height-wise, so I'm taking very messy "baths" on a shower chair outside the tub! Thanks goodness for my daughter being here...
Back
Top Bottom