Recent content by Twinny

  1. T

    TKR Trinket’s Second Knee Replacement

    Hi trinket I have the same problem, my knee stiffens after icing.i have a warm shower in the morning that helps to get the knee moving. Then I do my exercises as it's more flexible. Then I ice afterwards. I walk during the day,then shower again at night and exercises again. Everyone is different...
  2. T

    TKR Start of my knee journey

    Day 16 post op,going well with exercises except my slides.My husband made me a tiny skate bored to make it easier to slide,but I'm only at a 45,still having trouble bending my knee.when will I get to 90.I do them 3 times a day.
  3. T

    TKR Start of my knee journey

    I've been sleeping pretty good up till now. Since a lot of the swelling has gone down in my knee, I'm now getting an ache and some stabbing pain through out the night, I'm now not getting much sleep. Is this normal?
  4. T

    TKR Start of my knee journey

    Stitches gone,12 days post op
  5. T

    TKR Start of my knee journey

    I'm 10 days post op,I start physo next week.i still can't bend my knee,is that normal? Will the physo gradually get me to do it? What do I expect in my first session?
  6. T

    TKR Start of my knee journey

    Hi layla That's what I did,icing all night on and off.I guess like you said,it's part of the process,
  7. T

    TKR Start of my knee journey

    Hi guys It's 1 week today since op.Ive being doing all the right things,I've notice the swelling has gone down a touch! But all of sudden late yesterday afternoon and all night,my knee started throbbing! I was up all night with pain.I hadn't done anything different and always on top of my pain...
  8. T

    TKR Start of my knee journey

    Thanks, guys I'll give it a try. Is it normal that I can't bend my knee yet? Day 5 I'm walking with crutches, I can put weight on my knee when I walk, still lots of swelling, I now have my pain under control, I'm icing about 6 times a day 60mins, and always elevate.
  9. T

    TKR Start of my knee journey

    Dose anyone have a good sleep position? I'm sick of laying on my back.
  10. T

    TKR Start of my knee journey

    Just got hm today,I'm icing and resting as I over did it yesterday. I'm just going to take one day at a time as it's very swollen.ive been very sooky today as I think reality has set in.
  11. T

    TKR Start of my knee journey

    Omg the pain is awful. I'm on Tapentadol, icing and on anti-inflammitories. Had op this morning. I hope the pain doesn't last too long, I'm trying to push past it.
  12. T

    TKR Start of my knee journey

    Just had my op today,I spoke about being awake for it! No problem at all,was very relaxed, didn't feel a thing and just listend to my music.Now I'm starting my recovery journey
  13. T

    TKR Awake during surgery

    Out of surgery, all went well and being awake was no problem at all
  14. T

    TKR No general anesthesia

    Hi sunnies I've opt to be awake to,I'm haveing the spinal block as well,they said the will give me some pre meds so I'm nice and relaxed.I understand that it will be a bit noisy. I hope I have the sam experience as you.
  15. T

    TKR Awake during surgery

    Thank you so much
Back
Top Bottom