Totally normal! You are only days out of surgery. Keep icing and elevating. It is the swelling that is limiting your bend.is it normal that I can't bend my knee yet?
Totally normal! You are only days out of surgery. Keep icing and elevating. It is the swelling that is limiting your bend.is it normal that I can't bend my knee yet?
Most definitely. You will be swollen for at least 3-6 months. This is normal. Your knee has been through a very traumatic surgery that disrupts every bit of your soft tissues. This surgery takes up to a year or more to heal completely from. You will find that your knee will be more swollen after you are up for a little while and definitely at the end of the day.Is it normal that I can't bend my knee yet?
United States
I commiserate. I am a bad sleeper and cannot sleep on my back. Even pain meds don’t send me off. I stopped dropping off to sleep during the day after two weeks. The days and nights are so long when you can’t sleep. I’ve been getting about 4 hours broken sleep a night. I am just over 4 weeks in. At about three weeks I was able to lie on my un-operated side for about 20 mins with a pillow between my legs. Not long enough to fall asleep but it was pure heaven. Now I can lie on that side longer and last night I slept five hours straight. A small improvement but so up-lifting. I’m not so worried about not sleeping now. I know everything is going to improve, including my sleeping. Hang in there.Dose anyone have a good sleep position? I'm sick of laying on my back.
Not like an acute injury. Super trauma in there with everything displaced. OS digging around removing bone and replacing it. U are recovering from many things at the same time. Ur knee is gonna go up and down with recovery. Bein impatient is super difficult.Hi guys
It's 1 week today since op.Ive being doing all the right things,I've notice the swelling has gone down a touch! But all of sudden late yesterday afternoon and all night,my knee started throbbing! I was up all night with pain.I hadn't done anything different and always on top of my pain meds.Is it because the swelling is starting to go down? Or is there something else?
I iced all night long. I had a cold water circulating ice machine that I put frozen water bottles in with the water. They lasted about 4 hours. Then I'd get up and switch them out and go back to bed. Of course, I didn't sleep all this time, I wish I had, but my pain was better controlled as long as I had ice on it. You can ice all the time as long as you have a cloth between your skin and the ice pack. I was still icing into my 4-6 months as needed.That's what I did,icing all night on and off
United Kingdom
Agree. I still like to sleep with my knee resting on my cool Cryocuff sleeve. I used to change it in the night when I woke but sometimes now I don't bother.Try icing all night long. It should help with that terrible ache you have. The early days are really rough.
Hello T. The first session is more about evaluation (yours and theirs). You may have some pain as the PT must move and position your knee to assess your current range. The first visit is also to find learn how your PT approaches therapy and how they respond to YOUR particular case and needs. Gradual is good. Rushing is not.Will the physo gradually get me to do it? What do I expect in my first session?
United States