Recent content by Tweet25

  1. Tweet25

    Introduction and advice seeking :)

    Hi Spider: I am also 45. I just had a scope in November. I am feeling better but still in some pain. I have OA in both knees as well. Trying to put of TRK too but I know that I will need it at some point. They found lots of arthritis but only clean up what they can smooth out. I am also on...
  2. Tweet25

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Janae I had a partial menisectomy 6 weeks ago and that is where I was having so much pain. It was like my quads decided to go away somehow. My PT came over and said to put a heating pad on jus that area so I did as much as I could. It felt so much better. Can you do that? Once I started doing...
  3. Tweet25

    Menisectomy 3 weeks ago and clicking in knee

    Thank you Tykey. I am still in a little bit of pain but excercising as much as I can on the bike. I am trying to delay TKR becuase I am young and scared. But eventually will have to have it.
  4. Tweet25

    Menisectomy 3 weeks ago and clicking in knee

    So I did it and had the partial menisectomy on my right knee. It went well. I guess they took 10% of the meniscus out. That sharp pain I was having is now gone. I was told I have lots of arthritis and some bone on bone in some places. I didn't talk to the doctor yet but the PA told me maybe 5...
  5. Tweet25

    TKR Second TKR - First had Arthrofibrosis

    Martha I had orthovisc in June of this year. It's a another brand. It took more than 6 weeks to see any results which I did find relief. I then in August got another cortizone that gave me even more relief. My OS didn't do the guidance with it but my Aunt went to a place and had it done th way...
  6. Tweet25

    Partial Meniscus repair to delay TKR. Anyone else?

    SmartChoice that totally helps. I guess because I am not bone on bone yet I am hoping this gives me some relief. I do the cortizone shots and they actually do give me relief. I am still in pain and can't sleep without taking tramadol becuase I have this sharp shooting pain at night which I can...
  7. Tweet25

    Partial Meniscus repair to delay TKR. Anyone else?

    Thank you alimck. I hope it works. This will be first knee surgery. I admit I am scared. I do have arthritis in both knees but the right is so much worse. When you had this last one were you bone on bone or had some cartledge left and the scope led to more arthritis.
  8. Tweet25

    TKR Fall Eight Weeks After Op

    Yes us younger people want to keep up with how you are doing. Stay strong. Here is to a great recovery.
  9. Tweet25

    Partial Meniscus repair to delay TKR. Anyone else?

    Josephine yes you did. I am trying to have positve thoughts.
  10. Tweet25

    Partial Meniscus repair to delay TKR. Anyone else?

    Thank you David. That helps. I am finding so much negativity about things really upsetting me and I was crying all morning. I need positivity which you just gave me so THANK YOU! You have said all the things my friend at lunch told me. And she is your age so I should listen to both of you and...
  11. Tweet25

    Partial Meniscus repair to delay TKR. Anyone else?

    David so the first one worked and gave you some time which is what I want. If I need a TKR in 10 years than I do but for right now he wants to buy me some time. What do you think? I am so not ready for TKR. I don't think I Would do another scope if this doesn't work. But I have a large tear...
  12. Tweet25

    Partial Meniscus repair to delay TKR. Anyone else?

    kneesrus how old were you when you had it scoped. Can you eleborate why it was never right? My OS said I was not a candidate for TKR since I am only 45 and not bone on bone yet. Are you saying this might make it worse? Robyn
  13. Tweet25

    Bilateral TKR Post BTKR---Can we compare notes?

    Stacie I have never had any other knee surgeries. This will be my first which is why is suggested it. I done tons of crotizone shots and one set of orthovisc which did help but the pain is mostly on the right side of my right knee and that is where he said I had a major tear so maybe the surgery...
  14. Tweet25

    Partial Meniscus repair to delay TKR. Anyone else?

    Thank you Josephine that makes me feel better. I was going to order a tens machine as my insurance doesn't pay for it and I was using one for the PT I just had. My quads are strong now and I hope that will help with this surgery. Going to keep up with PT excercises and water aerobics.
  15. Tweet25

    Partial Meniscus repair to delay TKR. Anyone else?

    Josephine thank you for that. Here is the thing. I do have some cartilage left and I am not bone on bone yet. So this new doctor was saying that the shots will help with the arthritis but not the meniscus pain. Right now my major pain is on the right side of my right knee. If you could take a...
Back
Top Bottom