Recent content by tubtickler

  1. tubtickler

    TKR Ten months out and a question?

    That's good advice - thanks.
  2. tubtickler

    TKR Ten months out and a question?

    Honestly, I haven't been that active especially with the weather this month. I'm going to try some Aleve for a few days to see if that helps.
  3. tubtickler

    TKR Ten months out and a question?

    I had an LTKR done in October 2012 and it has come along nicely. My RTKR was done in April 2013 but the recovery has been a lot slower. I was doing well from December to last week when the right knee started to feel much stiffer and feels swollen (though I don't think it is swollen, I've...
  4. tubtickler

    TKR April 10, 2013

    The therapist just left and I feel calmer. I made it very clear that I wouldn't tolerate anything aggressive and that my doctor and I were on the same page about this. She was understanding and we got through the first set of excercises to both our satisfaction. ROM is at 50 degrees for now...
  5. tubtickler

    TKR April 10, 2013

    That's interesting Josephine; I was always under the impression that it was cut. The diagram you show is helpful, but the pain is lower than where the blue band is. It's about four inches above my kneecap. When I clench my upper thigh, it almost spasms. When I was laying down on the bed this...
  6. tubtickler

    TKR April 10, 2013

    Thank you Jacey and 60mom for the kind words and advice. I forgot about the tourniquet. Not sure if I have any choice in therapists, but I'll decide tomorrow.
  7. tubtickler

    TKR April 10, 2013

    I have been home since April 13th and have been trying to do the exercises that the hospital PT showed me. I will have my first home visit from the PT tomorrow and once a week thereafter for six weeks. I'm very concerned however that I am unable to raise my leg. The pain in the quad area is...
  8. tubtickler

    April Rainbows 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery in April?

    Count me in for an RTKR on April 10th. I had the left one done on October 24th and the recovery has gone well.
  9. tubtickler

    TKR 40 year old-almost 5 weeks out from surgery

    I had a TKR on October 24th too - left knee. My recovery is pretty average I think; not much pain but lots of stiffness. But I too had a PT who was being aggressive and stressed me out by telling me on her second visit that the OS wanted my ROM to be at 90 by week 6. Well, imagine the anxiety...
  10. tubtickler

    TKR Another NewKnee Newbie

    Wow gman0358, your description was right on - 36 bee stings. I was happy to hear from my GP that it was the best scar she had ever seen but I'm exhausted from this little outing.
  11. tubtickler

    TKR Another NewKnee Newbie

    Hi gman - I very much enjoy reading about your progress. I like knowing how other Ontarians are coping and you seem to be doing well. I had a TLKR done on October 24th and have had hardly any pain to speak of. My OS gave me 40 Oxycoden which I only need at night; the ES Tylenol takes care of...
  12. tubtickler

    2012 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Thanks for the reassurance Josephine. For some reason, my only concern is that I would hear everything during the operation. I didn't really understand why a spinal would be better than a general.
  13. tubtickler

    2012 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I was just told today that I will be getting a spinal anesthetic for my LTKR next Wednesday. I've always had a general before and was wondering if anyone can tell me what I'll likely experience during the procedure. Will I hear what's...
  14. tubtickler

    2012 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    October 24th for my LTKR - a little nervous, but can't wait. Next year I'll have the RTKR done.
Back
Top Bottom