Recent content by ttonemt

  1. ttonemt

    TKR Knee # 2

    The first knee has turned out great! I was able to train (cycle and weights) right up to my most recent surgery. So far things have gone very well with this surgery. The past couple of days have been the most difficult, but I knew that I would have to deal with that at some point. I have been...
  2. ttonemt

    TKR Knee # 2

    I would like to change my thread name too "Knee #2". Thanks! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  3. ttonemt

    TKR Knee # 2

    Here I am again. Just completed TKR Right Knee on November 20 Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  4. ttonemt

    2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    Back for round two for 2015. Right TKR scheduled for November 18th. Can hardly wait. The pain has been so bad the past year. I had my left TKR done in March and couldn't be happier. Worked hard, but paced myself during the recovery. Found out over the summer that I had sleep apnea, 65...
  5. ttonemt

    TKR Knee # 2

    Weathering the Storm Update: Day 21 post op TKR Today has been a great day in that I had huge improvements in my ROM (range of motion) in my knee during PT. Since Monday, I have gone from a bend of 80 degrees to a bend of 105 degrees today. Additionally I have been able to straighten my leg...
  6. ttonemt

    TKR Knee # 2

    The past few nights have been difficult as I continue to have a struggle finding a comfortable position to sleep. I was excited when my PA told me I could sleep without my knee elevated, but I am finding that my knee is hyper sensitive to the pressure against the bed. I have tried a pillow...
  7. ttonemt

    MUA RTKR Done!

    After reading the past few posts, I have to commend you on a powerful statement to your inner strength. I had a friend who had to have an MUA and I know he was much happier within just a few visits to PT after the procedure. I hope you continue finding relief and steady improvement as you...
  8. ttonemt

    TKR Knee # 2

    I had my first visit to the physical therapist on Monday. Very slow and methodical examination of my ROM. Started the visit at 80 degree and 13 degree and by the end of the visit, was at 88 and 9. Focused on some massage of the quads, testing the movement within the knee cap. The quads have...
  9. ttonemt

    TKR Knee # 2

    I had a good three days of home exercise and flat road walking (approximately 1/2 mile). Using a cane as I am still having significant problems getting my quads to fire. Straight leg lifts are still very painful, so I have focused more on tightening and releasing the muscles without the leg...
  10. ttonemt

    TKR Knee # 2

    Josephine, Thanks for your note. I have read both of your threads and find them very interesting. Given my past experience with PT it is hard for me to take the less exercise approach. What I am struggling with deals more with getting my strength back so I can get active again. Since my...
  11. ttonemt

    TKR Knee # 2

    The last couple of days have been much better and I have been able to get a few more hours of sleep per night. I have not needed any pain meds, other than tylenol, for the past 5 days. It has been a busy week and I have had to go to town on three different days. Always happy to get home and...
  12. ttonemt

    TKR Knee # 2

    Well all of my positive reinforcement and positive mindset were blown out of the water last night. It appears that I may be dealing with a sleep apnea problem which is preventing me from getting restful sleep. The anesthesiologist suggested that he had this concern in his chart. I have always...
  13. ttonemt

    TKR Knee # 2

    Thank you for your warm welcomes and wise words. I have taken time to read through quite a few threads today and am so happy to have found this great place. As I enter my least favorite time of the day as it relates to the process of healing, I am encouraged by the positive energy shared by...
  14. ttonemt

    TKR Knee # 2

    Thanks for the welcome. Trying to learn my way around the forum. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom