Recent content by TRICKKNEEMCGEE

  1. T

    TKR Pain in back of knee

    I am curious if it is tender to the touch as to imply it may be hamstring or a tendon that is irritated. Have you tried massage, Heat or ice? I am sorry that you are dealing with this pain. We all hope that we have a surgery to fix a problem and when we get a different problem it is...
  2. T

    TKR Gingerbread's RTKR Recovery Marathon

    @Gingerbread That sounds ridiculous. Remember you can discharge yourself at anytime. I was discharged from PT this week and she knows that I use the railing going up and down. I just don't feel comfortable going down yet in general let alone w/out railings. Good luck- you sound like you...
  3. T

    TKR My TKA journey so far....

    I was discharged from PT this week. Obviously I will continue to do my home program. My range of motion was 0-122. I see my surgeon next week and I will ask him about the clunking-it is audible to my husband when I walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night. YUCK!! It wouldn't be with...
  4. T

    TKR Back again in 2021 ☺

    @dogwalker2 I too felt burning and pulling along the incision but I didn't open it up doing stretches or riding the bike for range of motion. I am 7 weeks post op and still feel burning when I stretch.
  5. T

    TKR My TKA journey so far....

    7 weeks post op (almost)LTKA update: I am SLEEPING AGAIN!!! Thank God. I no longer have the night time "zingers", I bet they stopped 2-3 weeks ago. I am off all meds except baby aspirin for clot prevention. My husband and I went on a 32 min walk yesterday and I noticed slight stiffness...
  6. T

    TKR Sep 8th LTKR recovery

    @Kdubs you are off to a great start. Keep up with the gentle stretching and icing!!! My worst day was day 5 but after that I improved everyday (slowly). Good luck......you got this!!
  7. T

    TKR Susie-Q's 2nd TKR Recovery Thread

    @Susie-Q I think you are doing great. I am just shy of 5 weeks post Left TKA. I stopped taking my oxy during the day at day 3. I took one at night until week 3. It all depends how you feel. I stopped needing a cane at day 4 but still used it outdoors for precaution. I think a lot of this...
  8. T

    TKR Right TKR

    Welcome aboard. You will find great info here as well as great support.
  9. T

    TKR My TKA journey so far....

    I hope you are right.:) I don’t see a lot of people posting about it.
  10. T

    TKR 5 weeks post op, knee still stiff and aching

    @Suziep I had a left knee replacement and I was driving with in a week. The main thing for me to drive was not being on nacotics which I wasn’t. In the beginning getting into the car was a slow process. If it is your right knee you will need to get ok’d with your PT or surgeon. Best of luck
  11. T

    TKR My TKA journey so far....

    Update: 4 weeks and 3 days. I went to PT this morning. I continue to do well with Range of motion 0-117. I am able to go up and down stairs in normol fashion ( using a railing). My biggest complaint is the constant clunking with every step. It feels so weird. My husband can even hear it. It...
  12. T

    TKR JeremiahD's Knee Recovery

    I would ask you surgeon if getting a “JAS” splint would help. If it were me I would try it for extension first. I used one after elbow surgery when I couldn’t regain all my motion back. It isn’t fun but the results are amazing. You really don’t want to limp long term. It creates back, hip etc...
  13. T

    TKR Day 25

    @rockingfitz- having full extension is vital for proper gait. I was a physical therapist assistant for 32 years and our focus is always range of motion over strength. And extension over flexion. Keep working on both. It isn’t fun but will be so worth it to have a fully functional knee.
  14. T

    TKR My TKA journey so far....

    Gingerbread I got a surprise yesterday. Our first grandchild was born yesterday 3 weeks early. We are beyond excited but because of covid we can’t see him yet. I hope they get discharged from the hospital tomorrow and I get my mitts on him.
  15. T

    TKR Lark's Recovery Thread.

    @Lark Your post gives me much hope as I am just nearing my 4th week with my new knee. Good luck with your lunges etc. I hope you do well with upping your workouts.
Back
Top Bottom