Recent content by topaz

  1. topaz

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Oooooo I'm a sunbeam :heehee: If it's not too late, can you add me to the list? My op was carried out 27 June xx
  2. topaz

    THR A matching pair!

    So pleased to hear your other hip replacement went ahead in May. Sounds like your recovery is going great too. Fabtastic news :yes!:
  3. topaz

    THR Topaz's post op progress

    Hello everybody! Hope you're all doing well :flwrysmile: I haven't been on here for so long, that I had to sit for a while and think what my password was...first attempt was wrong then I cracked it. Well as you can tell from my updated signature, I have now received my LTHR (thank...
  4. topaz

    THR Topaz's post op progress

    Thanks for all the replies everyone :loveshwr: Turns out I needn't have worried. I managed to get in and out no problem at all. The cushion rectified the hip/knee height problem caused by the bucket seat, and also swivelled on the leather as I was getting out, so this helped too. @Zelda...
  5. topaz

    THR Topaz's post op progress

    Due to go out in Mr Topaz's car this evening, first time since coming home from hospital. A wee bit anxious because the car has leather bucket seats and they're not the easiest or best when it comes to my hips, I hurt myself a few times getting in and out of his car pre-op. I've bought an...
  6. topaz

    THR Topaz's post op progress

    @Jaycey thanks for title change, much appreciated. Yup, I was pretty much housebound within the last month of my op, there's no way I want a repeat of that. @Zelda keeping my fingers & toes crossed (but not my legs '][/URL]) you get that date in May for your left hip.
  7. topaz

    THR Topaz's post op progress

    No date as of yet @Toddlermom but seeing my surgeon in 3 weeks time, so fingers crossed he confirms one then. I don't want to experience the pain I did with my right hip, so hoping the date will be sooner than later, because it feels like my left hip is deteriorating fast. I was thinking the...
  8. topaz

    Wow I'm so worried and scared of hip surgery

    @sherrymorss60 wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow, hoping your surgeon agrees you've lost sufficient weight and it's time for surgery :)
  9. topaz

    THR Coral's Pre and post op thoughts and feelings

    Wishing you a successful surgery for today, and smooth recovery @coral63, keep up that delicious positivity of yours, it will serve you well :flwrysmile:
  10. topaz

    THR 4 days after surgery & continued recovery<

    @SweetPea69 I too had bladder control problems....even had a battle with a nurse in hospital over my continued use of the bedpan at nights during my stay. The first couple of weeks were difficult, especially throughout the night because of the time it took to get out of bed etc. I ended up...
  11. topaz

    THR My recovery journey<

    How are you feeling now the staples have been removed @Arlene56? Sounds like you're doing really well, hoping your "leg of lamb" isn't bothering you as much now.
  12. topaz

    THR Topaz's post op progress

    @Jaycey or another mod/admin can you please change my thread title? Just realised putting '31 days' wasn't one of my better ideas for an ongoing recovery thread Can it be changed to "topaz's post op progress", thank you :)
  13. topaz

    THR Topaz's post op progress

    Hi @jomarie58 :wave: Thanks for stopping by. My weekend was ok, I managed to walk a bit further than before so that always puts a smile on my face. How are you doing this week?
  14. topaz

    THR Topaz's post op progress

    Hi @Toddlermom and fellow bilateral dysplasia hippie :wave: Unfortunately the first hip hasn't brought much back relief, if anything it's brought the back pain to my attention again. My right hip pain was so bad prior to the op, it surpassed everything else. Now it has has been fixed and...
  15. topaz

    THR 4 days after surgery & continued recovery<

    Congrats on your new hip @SweetPea69 I hope you're having a better time of it today, it can be a roller coaster of emotions this recovery business.
Back
Top Bottom