Recent content by tomk

  1. T

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    I had my 12 week post-op appointment today with my OS. OS said that I should just let common sense guide what I can do and told me to make an appointment one year from now. :) To comment on your pondering, my OS told me at my last appointment to let my pain and stamina be my guides with...
  2. T

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    Iecp707 It looks like you are at about 5 weeks? Man I remember how tough sleep was at that time. Hopefully your recovery is like mine in that about 7-8 weeks sleep got a lot better. Excited for my OS appointment today. Routine 12 week checkup. Sleeping great, no meds, no ice! Keep the...
  3. T

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    I had to make a decision about travel earlier this year and threw the topic out to the board for guidance and advice. It was about a 3 1/2 hour flight at about 6 weeks post op. I will try to paste the thread here. Travel after 6 weeks? Help? Don't know if you can click on the thread or...
  4. T

    PKR "A textbook perfect recovery..."

    Great post Jeano! I stumbled upon this site shortly after surgery while researching my sleep deprivation issue. I joined the forum and became hooked. I liked reading people's experiences and was especially interested in those that were close to my surgery date. This site has been...
  5. T

    TKR trixie's TKR

    Yep I coach basketball in the spring. It has really been a challenge the last few years as bone-on-bone really slowed me down. Excited to move around the court pain free! Can't wait to get outside when this winter ends, if it ends.
  6. T

    TKR trixie's TKR

    8 weeks and 3 days out. For the past month my OS has actually encouraged me to walk as much as I am able. I can do close to a mile of sustained walking right now with very little swelling. I am still building up my endurance. Its also great to walk without a limp again!
  7. T

    RTKR on 3rd March

    Waiting is the worst part in my opinion. I think its good that you are expecting a huge amount of pain because I really think you may be pleasantly surprised to the contrary. Good luck!
  8. T

    Bilateral TKR Fast Recovery from BTKR

    Wow! I know this isn't a contest but I think your recovery is most impressive I have read since joining this board. Congrats!!! I never used crutches or a walker and dumped the heavy pain meds at 3 weeks and drove at that same time. Started working 3/4' s of a day at 4 weeks. But I also...
  9. T

    Darn! I've got a cold

    When I went in for my pre-op physical they discovered that I had a low grade sinus infection. My GP prescribed Augmentin but didn't suggest I delay the surgery (which was 4 days later). As a precaution I called my OS and he suggested that we reschedule my surgery for 10 days later. My OS said...
  10. T

    PKR Travel after 6 weeks? Help?

    Thanks GG, I think pushing the envelope a tad is not a bad thing. Probably helps with the mental aspect of healing more than anything.
  11. T

    PKR Travel after 6 weeks? Help?

    Thanks Jeano, I'm jealous! Although Friday night I slept 4 hours before waking up. That is the longest stretch since my surgery on December 30th (8 weeks ago today). It was probably because I shoveled snow for almost an hour earlier in the day. Went to bed pretty exhausted. Looking...
  12. T

    TKR Moving forward

    Hi Quilt, Looks like I am 3 days ahead of you on the recovery trail (12/30/13). Interesting that we are both having the same problem at about the same time. Although I'm certain this isn't unique. I get about 3 hours sleep at a time. I find myself sneaking in a half hour nap late morning...
  13. T

    PKR Travel after 6 weeks? Help?

    At 7 1/2 weeks I'm feeling great in most every category (pain, swelling, flexibility, stamina) but sleeping is way behind. I'm not too concerned as my OS warned me that sleep and appetite were two of the most common complaints after knee replacement. I would love to hear from the Bone Smarties...
  14. T

    PKR Travel after 6 weeks? Help?

    Thanks Josephine! I try not to get hung up on the milestones but it is fun to have modest little goals along the way. I had my partial on December 30th. Is there anyone out there with a date that is close to mine? If so, how are things going?
  15. T

    PKR Travel after 6 weeks? Help?

    After my successful adventure to Las Vegas I thought I would try another challenge last night. I decided to go "cold turkey" with no pain meds throughout the night. I am 6 weeks and 3 days post op and for the first 3 weeks I took dilaudid throughout the day and night. I couple weeks ago I...
Back
Top Bottom