Recent content by tlfiore

  1. tlfiore

    Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

    @sondrals you have been so supportive of me and others. It's amazing how we can view other folks objectively; however, when it comes to viewing ourselves, some of us tend to be quite harsh! PLEASE don't make the same mistake I made by trying to please the surgeon, the PT, the PA, the friend(s)...
  2. tlfiore

    TKR Toni Lee Recovery Thread

    Hi everyone-please FORGIVE me for taking so long to reply to all your thoughts and well-wishes about my recovery. @Macknit sent me the kindest message tonight and I briefly explained to her why my posting has been delayed. I just want to say the folks here on BoneSmart....the posters, members...
  3. tlfiore

    TKR Toni Lee Recovery Thread

    @caredFL thank you for the encouraging words. I'm glad to hear you are coming along so well. It is still striking to me how different teams of OS and PTs can be so opposing in their views, beliefs and thoughts. One would think "definitely it is my overall functioning that matters most,"...
  4. tlfiore

    TKR Toni Lee Recovery Thread

    Jockette thank you again for taking the time to provide input. Yes, I'm not sure I require additional help at this point, either. I guess I'll have more information come Tuesday. I am NOT looking forward to the visit. Thanks again for everything you do for everyone.
  5. tlfiore

    TKR Macknit's recovery thread

    @Macknit so wonderful reading about your recovery and your progress. My PT thinks recumbent bikes are one of the best pieces of equipment for TKR recovery and for keeping the new knee(s) in good shape (ROM, etc). It must be great getting back to a normal routine. I read so many of your posts...
  6. tlfiore

    Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

    OMG @sondrals...I was just reading bits 'n pieces about your recovery to my husband and he said, "Wow...for someone who just had surgery in mid-December, this person is doing so well." It's amazing how different people view things from such varying perspectives. I was sorta shocked to read...
  7. tlfiore

    TKR Toni Lee Recovery Thread

    Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. It's amazing how everything everyone states makes so much sense. Then, I think about these ridiculous OS and PT goals & measurements and it discourages me...makes me angry, actually. Jockette thank you for always offering so much...
  8. tlfiore

    TKR Toni Lee Recovery Thread

    @flacie1 you are too kind to check in on me. I've wanted to post an update for a while but just haven't done so. I have followed your updates and progress. Uggghhhhhh...this is difficult flake, isn't it? Needless to say, I've been an emotional WRECK. I've been up, down 'n all around. But I...
  9. tlfiore

    MUA On the other (dark) side and struggling!

    @Arielyn I literally cried when I read your thread and posts. I totally relate to all you are going through, I do. I wish there was something I could say, or do to make you feel better and take away your pain. Your fear and apprehension about all of this leap from the page and I get it, I...
  10. tlfiore

    TKR Toni Lee Recovery Thread

    Thank you for being so supportive! :loveshwr:
  11. tlfiore

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    @REDSING57 I've read your recovery posts with great enthusiasm. Like you and so many others, a MUA was approached with me a few days back by my OS and I freaked out. I'm still not totally recovered emotionally, physically, or mentally from my 2nd post-op visit on December 17th during which my...
  12. tlfiore

    TKR Recovering from December 2, 2019 Left TKR

    @Suz I've read through your posts again. You are such a kind, sweet and insightful woman! I really enjoy reading your posts 'cause your spirit leaps off the pages and helps me (so many others, too for sure). Well, sounds like you are right where you should be. You are going through a similar...
  13. tlfiore

    TKR Dec 9, 2019 And so it begins....

    I am so sorry you are (already) having to deal with the narcotic refill nightmare. I went through an awful time with that and I feel for you. I'm confused how the pharmacy can "over-ride" an order placed by your orthopedic surgeon. I understand (to a certain degree) how pharmacies can...
  14. tlfiore

    MUA Done in Time for the Carolina Basketball Game!

    Sending positive hope your way! Yes, sounds like you are just having an "off" day. I know I do not need to re-state this 'cause you ARE so positive but please try not to get discouraged. You ARE making progress. You are doing great. YIKEEEEES! As an aside, a 1 mile walk? I did 0.25 miles...
  15. tlfiore

    TKR Toni Lee Recovery Thread

    Hi everyone. It's taken me a few days to post because I've been uncompsed. Cannot believe the stuff that's happening. One phrase from follow-up with OS: Improve by next visit or it's a MUA. Me: WHAT???? You've gotta be kidding me...why? OS: I'm not pleased with your progress. You've made...
Back
Top Bottom