Recent content by Tlew67

  1. Tlew67

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    PT hindered my recovery. Once I took control and told the PT something was hurting I quit doing it. The elastic bands need to go in the garbage in my opinion. I feel for you, my recovery has been slower than what I was led to believe. I’m coming up on 14 weeks and I’m still having issues.
  2. Tlew67

    THR Having a rough recovery

    It was the PT and the chiropractor that recommended the heel lift. I ice three times a day for about an hour at a time. The shoes I’m wearing were never worn before the surgery. I didn’t know that was recommended but I purchased some slip on shoes since I couldn’t tie laces. I’m not over...
  3. Tlew67

    THR Having a rough recovery

    Update. I went to the Dr. For my 12 week check up on 3/1. He didn’t have anything helpful to say other than if I still have issues after the 6 month mark I’ll need an MRI to see what’s going on. He said he doesn’t think the bone is growing around the implant the way it’s supposed to. I’m having...
  4. Tlew67

    THR Having a rough recovery

    I totally understand. Controlled weight lifting is a whole different thing than the lifting, twisting, squatting, leaning, kneeling, and contorting to get to hard to reach areas in a vehicle. I don’t think I’ll even be able to do most of that again, my wife and kids don’t want me to anyway...
  5. Tlew67

    THR Having a rough recovery

    His way is to just extend the time between doses. At first it was one every 4 to 6 hours then reduced to every 8 to 12 hours and now it it’s every 12 to 24 hours. I can just make it to 8 hours during the day and sometimes I can’t do that with these cold fronts coming in, I take the pain meds...
  6. Tlew67

    THR Having a rough recovery

    It’s been 2 weeks since my first post and what a turnaround! I’m to the point where I don’t even use my cane around the house. The pain isn’t completely gone but tolerable. Now my next big question. I’ve been on Oxycodone now for 9 weeks. I’m tapering down and have been only using as needed but...
  7. Tlew67

    THR Having a rough recovery

    That’s definitely a problem I’m concerned about. I’m a mechanic and I know I’m nowhere near ready to get back to it and I don’t have any idea how to tell when I can. And even when I do what are my limits. There’s a lot of heavy lifting, twisting and contorting doing this line of work.
  8. Tlew67

    THR Having a rough recovery

    I wanted to give y’all an update and thank all of you for the helpful information. I had been doing my exercises the PT gave me religiously even through the pain (I was instructed to do so). So I quit doing the exercises that hurt or would quit while doing them when they’d start hurting instead...
  9. Tlew67

    THR On the Other Side

    We are close to the same age. I’m a 54 year old man, not overweight and I’m physically fit and very active. A lot of it probably has to do with the surgeon. I was blindsided, I had several people I know saying it was a real quick recovery and was even told so by the hospital staff that gave the...
  10. Tlew67

    THR Having a rough recovery

    I had a 67 Camaro race car but sold it years ago, I couldn’t get in it anymore because of my back. Good luck this racing season!
  11. Tlew67

    THR On the Other Side

    I’m still using a walker some of the time and I I’m at 8 weeks. Not normal for most but each case is different.
  12. Tlew67

    THR Please tell me it's normal!!

    This is what I think set me back. I’m 8 weeks out this coming Monday and can tell you first hand that a PT had me walk with a cane during my second week even though I told him I wasn’t ready. It set me back at least a week, I couldn’t so anything, I was miserable. I’m still having some sharp...
  13. Tlew67

    THR Having a rough recovery

    My chiropractor did some Psoas streches for a few months before I had the THR. I was trying everything else before I went under the knife. He said it was tight but it didn’t give me any problems at the time. I believe you’re right that the groin pain could be the psoas. The weird part is I may...
  14. Tlew67

    THR Having a rough recovery

    I notice you have a race car as your avatar. Are you still able to get in it? The reason I ask is that I have a MB SL55 AMG and don’t know if I should just sell it or wait a few months to see if I can still drive it. It was getting hard enough to get in and out before the surgery. Also I’m a...
  15. Tlew67

    THR Having a rough recovery

    Thank you all for your guidance, it is much appreciated. As for the PT, my out patent therapist is a personal friend of mine and he did back off when I told him what was hurting. I’m going to finish the last 2 and just listen to my body and go from there. The pain in the leg is getting better, I...
Back
Top Bottom