Recent content by Tino2You

  1. T

    TKR My LTKR journey

    Hi everyone. I haven't been in much in the past few months and (fingers crossed) this may be my last post. To catch you up, I had my TKR in January 2023 and my LHR in December 2023. All things considered, I would consider a hip replacement the easier procedure and recovery. I had my 1 year...
  2. T

    TKR My LTKR journey

    Hi all. Well now I am posting on both Knee and Hip recovery. My LHR was done this past Tuesday ad I am out and about and have to say the hip recovery seems much easier than the knee. I wont bore you about whats going on with my hip (you can read it in the Hip Recovery section) but I think the...
  3. T

    THR Left Hip Replacement

    Hi everyone. First time in the hip recovery area. Not the first time with BoneSmart. this past January i had my left knee replaced and everything seemed to be on the mend. Fast forward to July i noticed that my knee started ”talking” to me. Ignored it for a bit then i found out when i got up...
  4. T

    THR Here we go again

    I am 4 days away from my replacement surgery. I have one small question. Do the ice machines work for hip replacement? I have one from my knee replacement, is there any benefit for using one with my hip? Can you order a hip attachment? Thanks.
  5. T

    THR Here we go again

    Hi everyone, Had a LTKR this past January. About 6 months of my recovery, my left hip decided to voice its objection. Had a cortisone cocktail injection in September and now am scheduled for my hip replacement on December 26 .... ho ho ho.
  6. T

    THR Here we go again

    I am scheduled to have my left hip joint replaced on Dec 26th. Let the next chapter of my "non OEM" replacement program continue!
  7. T

    THR Here we go again

    Well I had the shot on Sept 6th. It helps but not 100%. Before, when I got up from a chair, I experienced a sharp stabbing pain in the front part of my hip joint. Sometimes to the point I could not straighten up. Now I get the stab but can gradually get upright. I see the surgeon on...
  8. T

    TKR My LTKR journey

    Hi all. Well July and August have past. I've been dealing with hip pain without any relief. My left know (the new one) is also talking to me daily. Back to ice and elevation. I'm scheduled for a cortisone shot tomorrow. Hopefully, I can break the pain cycle.
  9. T

    THR Here we go again

    Thanks all. I have an appointment to have the shot. Fingers crossed.
  10. T

    THR Here we go again

    So, I had a TKR on Jan 17, 2023. Everything went well or as well as expected, went to my 6 month follow up visit and everthing was good. Then a couple of weeks later, I noticed my left hip began to hurt…sometimes. I didn’t think about it much, but it got worse. I thought, “maybe my gait has...
  11. T

    TKR My LTKR journey

    One more thing as I am nearing my 6 month anniversary, recently I noticed that my left hip is giving me pain. Not all the time but when it does…WOW it is impressive. I started to wear my Merrill hiking shoes recently and I know they are a little a bit more heavy than my walking/running...
  12. T

    TKR Bicycle

    Another “trick” I learned when I was 3 weeks in with PT, if you backpedal the bike the rotation seems to be easier. As someone else said, be careful to not over do it.
  13. T

    TKR My LTKR journey

    Hi everyone. I am sorry I have not posted in a while. I made it through four days golfing (I take a cart, but still made about 10,000 steps each day. I car pooled to the courses so I could ice my knee on the drive back. I think that one thing allowed me to play all 4 days. I took my ice...
  14. T

    TKR My LTKR journey

    Thanks Layla. My knee is doing much better. I played golf again on Tuesday (4 month anniversary). Walked 4.5+ miles and played ok too :-). My knee was not swollen (much) afterwards. Three weeks ago when I last played, I was hurting for about 4 days (needed ice and elevation to settle the...
  15. T

    TKR New knee for me

    I worked at an Apple store (tile on concrete floors) and found that hiking shoes were the best. I also alternated with a good running shoe aas well. Regardless, standing on a hard flood is rough on the knees,
Back
Top Bottom