Recent content by TimeBuster

  1. TimeBuster

    TKR Flutter1’s BoneSmart Success

    I never had hip issues until my last knee surgery when I had my spacer replaced. A quick visit to my orthopedic surgeon she ordered heal left insert within 24 hours of using the insert my hip stop hurting. Now I have inserts in all my footwear and haven't had problems with my hip since my last...
  2. TimeBuster

    Knee Infection* JSA's OA and RA Journey

    Good luck with your upcoming surgery, JSA.
  3. TimeBuster

    TKR 10 months now and still hurting

    If your doctor didn't culture fluid after three times post-op, my question would be why not? Things that make you go Hmm. Good luck with your next appointment.
  4. TimeBuster

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    Rah, Rothman Orthopaedic Institute in Philly Dr. Danielle Ponzio a board certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in knee joint replacement and complex revision joint replacement. Excellent OS she has a great bedside manner listens to all of your concerns but most of all, she and her...
  5. TimeBuster

    TKR 19 months out still pain

    My gait was completely off. I was walking around with a limp. I started having right hip pain issues right after TKR. OS measured the length of both legs. TKR leg was one-fourth of an inch smaller than the non-operative leg. OS ordered custom shoe insert. Right hip pain issues resolved and...
  6. TimeBuster

    Knee Infection* Failed Two-Stage Revision - what now?

    I'm so happy your Mom surgery went well. Do you know the name of the new implant? By the way, I also was taking six week course of antibiotics via a PICC line. When I got my antibiotic delivered to my house it came with ice packs to keep the antibiotic cold during transportation. I used the...
  7. TimeBuster

    TKR Zilretta

    At two months out from what I read on your post sounds to me that you're doing pretty good. The first couple of months sleeping was an issue for me too. Not so much from pain but from the extreme restless leg that kept me up half of the night. The restless leg went away a few months after...
  8. TimeBuster

    TKR Stairs and pain

    Glad to hear you're doing so much better. Yes, it was one heck of a journey but I'm doing great now. After being homebound and in pain every day for six years, I feel blessed to have this opportunity at my age to have a second chance in life. My new knee is everything I dreamt of and more. I...
  9. TimeBuster

    TKR Stairs and pain

    It took me 8 months before I was able to go up and down stairs without assistance. As long your not in pain, it's all in the mind.
  10. TimeBuster

    TKR Trouble sleeping after LTKR

    What is your current pain level?
  11. TimeBuster

    Knee Infection* Failed Two-Stage Revision - what now?

    Best of luck hope your mom comes through surgery with flying colors.
  12. TimeBuster

    TKR Scheduled for Dec 31

    Lifesaver----> Dupuy Attune system <---- lifesaver
  13. TimeBuster

    Knee Infection* Failed Two-Stage Revision - what now?

    Read this thread you might find it informative. https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/never-give-up-keep-trying-dont-settle-thats-me-bonnie.10146/
  14. TimeBuster

    TKR TKA spacer revision

    How much play do you have in your knee? Six weeks after total knee replacement I had a lateral tear during surgery to repair the tear my OS made the judgment call to replace my spacer with a larger one. She said there was too much play in the knee and a larger spacer would give you much more...
  15. TimeBuster

    Revision TKR 3+ months LK Revision

    I don't know why we put doctors on pedestals they are human just like us and make mistakes. A real professional would put his ego to the side and tell the truth instead of trying to hide their incompetence. I'm here to tell you from my experience healing continues way after a year. I'm 18...
Back
Top Bottom