Recent content by tikismom

  1. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    Thanks, Jaycey!!!
  2. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    Happy New Year everybody! Hope all are amending and feeling much better every day. I have a question for my fellow hip replacement patients. I am 1 month out on Monday and am still experiencing pain and/or a lot of tenderness in my scar which is still elevated. I a using Mederma on a daily basis...
  3. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    Continue to soar, Harryn1! You truly helped me...thank you very much!
  4. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    omg, Pirate911, I feel so sorry for you! My son-in-law is an OS but I didn't use him for my surgery. But it is my understanding from him and my operating doctor that radiation must be done within a few hours BEFORE the surgery or it isn't successful. I don't know about Indicin but Celebrex must...
  5. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    Thanks, Layla! Yes, easy does it. I walk very deliberately, quite slowly, but am determined, just like everyone else here on Bonesmart. Happy New Year to you, with the very best of health!
  6. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    Jaycey, you are most kind! Happy holidays!
  7. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    GM, Mojo333! Thank you for writing. I went to the doc for my first post-op and he said I was doing well. I told him about my exercise routine (what's left of it anyhow) and he said to continue, so I am. I asked him about walking and he said to do so as my body allowed. My husband and I began our...
  8. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    Thank you, Layla. Will do!
  9. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    Thanks Clipper! I will heed your great advice!
  10. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    Hahaha, Harryn1. You are one terrific guy..I can see that. And Layla, I must agree with you. I walked a little today and plan to do a little more tomorrow. From my hips to my lips, thank you!!!!
  11. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    Thank you all for your responses. I know you are all correct! I have been relaxing the last day or so, doing only a few exercises recommended by my OS. Now if the adductor pain would just go away, I'd feel much much better! Harryn, you really said it best. While reading your vivid description...
  12. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    Hi Harryn and Clipper! Thank you both for thinking of me. I am now 9 days out and yesterday did my elliptical for 30 minutes and walked 1/2 mile. omg, I guess I overdid it. Today I am in agony at the very point where the implant is and can barely lift my leg without pain! I have taken Celebrex...
  13. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    Hi Jaycey, cannot tell you how appreciative I am. I could not find this info anywhere. I will tell my doctor. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.
  14. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    Hahahaha, Harryn! How's your weekend going? Aside from my right elephant's leg, I'm doing okay. Swelling. WOWOWOWOWOW! And Jaycey, thank you for the referral. I'm going to the Library now.
  15. T

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    Your advice is brilliant! Yes, I am an active health enthusiast and the fact that this prosthetic adds extra weight and is precluding me from running (forever) is in fact daunting, but I will return to my previous life (walking and elliptical) slowly, as per the doc and you! Although he has...
Back
Top Bottom