Recent content by Tiggy

  1. Tiggy

    Joint injection - help please

    I realise it’s frequently done, just wondering if anyone on Bonesmart had actually had it done...but thank you @Josephine for your reply...I’m glad I won’t need it done for pain relief again as it was really not a pleasant experience xx
  2. Tiggy

    Joint injection - help please

    Thank you, i was injected with Novocaine only so presume as I already have a hip prosthesis it was just to determine if any issue with it was causing the thigh pain...luckily the pain did stop for a few hours so I can assume after all the inconclusive scans/X-rays that the lack of pain for...
  3. Tiggy

    THR Am I being daft?

    My appointment will be in 2 weeks. I’ve got to keep a pain diary for those 2 weeks but I’m sure relief was so short because it was just LA with no steroid. It was just a diagnostic injection, obviously if it’s numb it’ll be the hip. I presume it’s like having your tooth numbed, when LA wears off...
  4. Tiggy

    THR Am I being daft?

    Thank you for your reply! I think this injection was just diagnostic, to see if after the pain in my thigh would go with LA...I hoped for a week or so but since it’s just LA then after a few hours I suppose it wears off...consultant said if pain went then it is hip and that means I may get my...
  5. Tiggy

    THR Am I being daft?

    I have presume that because it was just local an no steroid then the pain I’m experiencing today is because it’s worn off...so basically I went through 50 mins of an unpleasant procedure for 6 hours relief...
  6. Tiggy

    THR Am I being daft?

    Thank you Josephine, my head couldnt get around how can injection into something that’s artificial stop the pain as it doesn’t feel pain! But I suppose it’s the surrounding bone etc that will gain benefit. How long roughly will I feel the benefit for? Because I’ve just had a really good nights...
  7. Tiggy

    THR Am I being daft?

    Since original op in 2016 I have had countless bone scans/x-rays etc these have shown a slight improvement In the overall condition of the stem. In as much there has been less “uptake” on bone scans and no marked increase in any pedestal effect of stem. My consultant decided to give the whole...
  8. Tiggy

    THR Am I being daft?

    just had my guided injection of (no steroid) local anaesthetic...totally confused as they injected INTO the replaced joint...ummm how does that work as the joint hasn’t any feelings I’m not sure how long it’s going to last either...but did discover I have an allergy to sticky monitor pads thanks...
  9. Tiggy

    Joint injection - help please

    2 years on from having my right hip replaced and NOTHING but trouble from it...bone scans etc and X-rays show slight improvement on uptake and pedestal effect...BUT still in tons of pain and hip does this double clunk where it feels like it’s popping out and back in (pain just about bearable) so...
  10. Tiggy

    Revision imminent Hip-knee is awful!

    Thanks Josephine @Josephine My surgeon consultant is MR MANN. He's been amazing! But I now have to have a bone marrow scan (tomorrow) not sure why...
  11. Tiggy

    Revision imminent Hip-knee is awful!

    29th June 2016 TRHR (uncemented) The bone has failed to fuse with the stem so I'm in need of a revision. Bone scan and X-rays confirmed it last week. But what I'd like to know is despite a bit of thigh pain is it really supposed to affect your knee? The knee pain is worse than the original hip...
  12. Tiggy

    Update on hip - THR failed

    Hi all, I'm leaving surgery etc as late as I can as I have 2 young children and we have booked a holiday (booked last year as I thought I'd be up and about, and having kids off school for 6 weeks and not being able to drive was awful last year....!!! It was nothing Mr Mann did, or didn't do...
  13. Tiggy

    Update on hip - THR failed

    hi all, not posted for months as nothing was really going on, and I'm not sure if I should be post or pre op! THR (r) done June 29th last year has failed. The bone has failed to graft to the stem. Saw Consulant yesterday, (Mr Mann NNUH) and January bone scan showed uptake, and yesterday's X-ray...
  14. Tiggy

    Revision after 6 months

    Hi all....just got back from seeing my consultant, and I'm back on the waiting list for revision surgery after 6 months of the original op....seems bone hasn't fused to femoral stem. I have to see consultant in 3 months time to discuss the op.... Bit disappointed but happy the bone scan showed...
  15. Tiggy

    Revision after 6 months

    Thank you @Jaycey I had a perfect recovery for 6 weeks, then woke up and couldn't weightbear And was In a lot of pain, it's not getting better but not unbearable. At least it's fixable!
Back
Top Bottom