Recent content by TheSloth

  1. TheSloth

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    Walking inclines and declines in my little neighborhood has really helped and I'm in awe that my swelling/stiffness has gone down. Don't get me wrong, by the end of the day my knee says it's done and becomes stiff on the sides and under the kneecap.
  2. TheSloth

    TKR Mixed message on Antibiotics

    My OS said I need antibiotics for anything dental and there is research to support it. The same with my husband. However, our dentist says there is research to support non-antibiotic prep. You can decide for yourself what you want to do, I will do my own research and decide.
  3. TheSloth

    Revision TKR Tibia break after knee revision

    Oh no!! While I haven't been down your road, I want to say I'm so sorry this has happened to you and encourage you by saying I hope this all turns around for you soon.
  4. TheSloth

    TKR The Sloth's TKR Recovery Thread

    Yesterday I walked our mall without my cane, though I had it in my hand, and was able to make it around! I hadn't been able to walk unassisted since surgery and any distance was really short. Now that I can walk a distance, I felt the inner parts of my knee working. It clunks a lot! I had...
  5. TheSloth

    MUA Done in Time for the Carolina Basketball Game!

    Great job changing your own clothes!! WHOOT! Whatever covers your pain for you is what you may want to stick with. People's bodies react differently with acetaminophen, ibuprofen, etc.
  6. TheSloth

    Revision TKR Revision again

    Pain wears on a person and as long as you've been in it, I can't imagine how tough it's been for you. I wish I had pixie dust to sprinkle over your pain and make it go away. Fortunately, I have hugs to send you and you can tell by reading these posts that you're in everyone's thoughts. Hugs!
  7. TheSloth

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    You are spot on with the MOVE IT lesson, the knee does know, LOL. I talk out loud sometimes too, head up, stand straight, don't lean. Stay strong!
  8. TheSloth

    TKR The Sloth's TKR Recovery Thread

    The day after I wrote this I realized, at least the Sloth reminded me, my knee is swollen and won't bend much. Two bends forward, one bend back. But it adds up!
  9. TheSloth

    TKR The Sloth's TKR Recovery Thread

    Update time and some reflection too. Every third day I am riding my recumbent bicycle to see my flexion recovery. So, I started out with the seat so far back in order for my right knee to be able to make a complete rotation. I needed my cane to push the pedal for my left leg because I couldn't...
  10. TheSloth

    TKR Almost a year daily pain still

    I took a comforter, rolled it up and placed it long ways in my bed. It's alleviated half of the problems trying to get comfortable and the knees touching which causes me pain. I can move my leg on and off of it as needed. So far, so good.
  11. TheSloth

    TKR Blues for you too?

    @Janszoo I was feeling down about the same time post-surgery as you. Keep staying on this site and read up on the other stories and experiences which will get you through for a little while. This surgery was terribly frustrating for me because I am a non-stop go-getter A type personality and my...
  12. TheSloth

    TKR Back to swelling and stiffness

    My recliner didn't put my toes above nose either, so I took a huge comforter and rolled it up and set it on the edge of the recliner so the whole leg is supported. So it's like a wedge effect in that my knee was not bent.
  13. TheSloth

    TKR Knee

    You're okay! This site has so much information and people's experiences you will see what 'normal' recovery really is. I heard the same thing and I was told I was behind the curve, try harder, etc and I outright cried knowing I'd blown it. I went through all this pain for nothing because my leg...
  14. TheSloth

    Bilateral TKR Numbness?

    @Lori0808 did you receive a nerve block for your surgery? I did and half of my right side leg is still numb. I'm 8 weeks post rt TKR. I've been told it will wear off. The tight band stretching is something I'm experiencing as well in 5 places - above, on, below the knee and both left and right...
  15. TheSloth

    TKR 30 months after left TKR<

    @DEN523 I am terribly sorry that you have had such a struggle and your TKR hasn't had the best outcome. Have you seen another OS for a second opinion?
Back
Top Bottom