Hello it has been awhile since I have logged in. Hope all are doing the best that they can. I am now 1.5 years out of TRHR... I am still having swelling although it is much better and I have some tenderness and stiffness but those are better also.
I last reported at my 1 year marker the...
Jaycey thank you for your response. I am not sure if I had uncemented. I do know that I did not have staples . There was cement used to close the wound. Yes I will update as I go through this process. Thanks again.
Well I have had a set back. Even though I am 1 year out of TRHR and as I last reported was feeling pretty good. I was continuing to have swelling and stiffness, but felt it was due to not getting up more during the day and moving around. At the end of July this all became more troublesome. Went...
@catlover55 best of recovery to you. I was once told on this thread that each month gets better and I found that to be so true. Glad that my thread was helpful to you. Take good care.
Hello this Friday will be the 1 year anniversary of my TRHR.Looking back I feel very blessed to have made the progress that I have .. there were days that I struggled. I am also so very grateful for the support of this thread. I wouldn’t have made it as well without you. I still feel achy at...
Just checking in.... almost at 9 months post op.... Feeling so much better however experiencing more stiffness due to not being able to move around as much due to the societal precautions around Covid19. I like many am gratefully working from home but I need to get up more and move away from my...
@CricketHip Thanks for the info. And yes I have come a long way. This blog played a major part in my recovery. Thanks all.
@VSlowLife and @Calgal i had forgotten about the funny PT’s . Watched early in recovery but will watch more . Thanks for the reminder.
Well I am now 7 months post op and I feel that each month I get better. My walking is much better, it is cold here in Ohio so I am mainly walking in doors. I try to get up from my desk at work every hour and walk the halls. That has helped a lot with stiffness. I am experiencing some dis comfort...
@CricketHip grest memory.. you and others were right on the money about PT. I ways doing way to much too soon... Again so glad that I found this site. That one piece of advice regarding PT was invaluable. It turned things around for me. Take good care and thanks again.
Just checking in. I am happy to report that I am 6 months out and doing much better. I still have a limp but it has greatly improved. I am not doing any pt exercises just walking. I am uncomfortable some days and take an OTC. Icing and elevating are still my friends.Had my 6 month and final...
@CricketHip yes I have begun to really focus on standing up straight before I take that first step , heal toe , head up. I didn’t realize that I would have to retrain myself to walk... but I am grateful for the progress that I am making. I feel like I have turned a corner but know I have a few...
Hello just checking in. I am feeling good. I guess it is due to being more patient. My limp is better except for days like yesterday when at work we hosted Breakfast With Santa for 120 children. By the end of event I was limping and leaning to my right side. Went home iced elevated and rested...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.