Recent content by teniralc

  1. teniralc

    TKR Teniralc's recovery thread

    Reporting in at the 6-week(ish) mark (LTKR was 19-Nov 2015). I've been keeping a daily journal to track my progress for when I'm feeling discouraged and also as future reference in case I need a TKR on my right knee which the doc says is a distinct possibility. So, I've been getting...
  2. teniralc

    Bilateral TKR New Lease on Life! Recovery Thread<

    You did the right thing. My PT was really good, showed me the recommended exercises to do after going home, but didn't force anything. I know it can be hard to stand up for yourself -- it is for me -- but hang in there.
  3. teniralc

    TKR My Knee Replacement - Is My Progress Normal

    You did the right thing by bailing on that PT and coming here, you'll find lots of support and advice here. Take it easy and let yourself heal, everyone has their own pace.
  4. teniralc

    TKR Teniralc's recovery thread

    My knee is one week old today! When I compare then to now, I've come a long way, and feel so much better. Mobility and ROM are returning and I'm looking forward to getting the staples out and a real shower. It is getting better.
  5. teniralc

    TKR Teniralc's recovery thread

    That moment when you open your eyes after a good nights sleep, give an experimental flex to the knee and wait for the inevitable jolt of pain, and....NO PAiN. I hit that milestone today, Day 6 post-op. I actually felt human! Will I have pain today? Yes, of course as soon as soon as I do my...
  6. teniralc

    TKR Teniralc's recovery thread

    @referee54, that sounds heavenly. My 10-day post op checkup with the OS is actually 14 days, something about Thanksgiving interfering with his schedule, so I'll be really ready for that shower. I'm happy to say I got discharged this afternoon so now I'm home, sweet home! Yay! Squeamish...
  7. teniralc

    TKR Teniralc's recovery thread

    That looks like the dressing I have (mine is a bit gorier though, haha) but the OS was adamant about not getting it wet. Guess I'll put up with sink baths for a few days.
  8. teniralc

    TKR Teniralc's recovery thread

    I decided to stay one more day. Tomorrow the PT makes sure I'm mobile enough and then I get to go home. Today was better and I'm working very hard to not overdo. The OS called and said I'm to make an appointment for 10 days from now. Yikes, no showers till then? I haven't seen the OS since...
  9. teniralc

    TKR Teniralc's recovery thread

    All the time leading up to this I was insistent about wanting to go home as soon as possible but now I'm not so confident. When do you "know" you're ready?
  10. teniralc

    TKR Nerdgrrl's knee recovery thread

    Love hearing about your puppies, I have two at home that I can't wait to see. And I have to share something that cracked me up; you were writing about sending pics to your dr. Then about taking a shower. In my fuzzy state of mind I was like, why is she sending shower pictures?.
  11. teniralc

    TKR Teniralc's recovery thread

    PT round 2 I was able to walk with the assistance of a walker. After about a dozen steps I started to hurt, so not exactly a marathon but LOTS better than yesterday. I'm keeping ahead of the pain so I'm feeling good. My foot is still numb so putting weight on it feels weird. Just have to...
  12. teniralc

    TKR Teniralc's recovery thread

    Great, thanks! Waiting for PT round 2, after pain meds. I'm suppose send to be discharged tomorrow, I guess depending on how PT goes. Will let you know.
  13. teniralc

    TKR Teniralc's recovery thread

    @Celle, hmmmm I don't see the options you mentioned perhaps because I'm using an iPad. I've removed it for now until I sort it out.
  14. teniralc

    TKR Teniralc's recovery thread

    OH boy did I get lectured by the nurses. Completely understandable, of course. I set off the alarm this morning just by sitting up -- no WAY will I try to walk on my own - and five nurses were there within seconds. They're pretty great. Nerve block - yes he did give me that, and said the...
Back
Top Bottom