Recent content by Templar1974

  1. Templar1974

    TKR TKR Feb. 27 2020 Setbacks

    Wow, as I read this...I am reminded of my own journey. Slow down, and give your knee time to settle down. It’s a marathon not a sprint.
  2. Templar1974

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    For me, I was happy after the first year of having my TKR. I likely would have been a whole lot happier sooner if I hadn’t pushed myself so very hard to recover. Once I backed off, slowed down and not only followed the advice on this forum but also listened to my body...everything began to...
  3. Templar1974

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    My advice, from someone who had a TKR in 2017, and made all the mistakes (young 40’s guy that was way to stubborn) is to follow the advice and mantras on this forum. when I finally got over myself and did...everything began to fall In line, albeit slowly and not on my schedule but it did happen...
  4. Templar1974

    TKR 6 months in

    Sounds like your knee is just a bit overworked. I experienced a similar issue. When I eased off a bit, and spent a little more time simply gently walking through water and performing very gentle movement under water it gradually disappeared.
  5. Templar1974

    TKR Concerned with slow, painful recovery<

    @Celle , thank you. Definitely looking ahead to better days. @agarrett , I know, right?! I'm definitely seeing improvement with decreasing swelling, and just an overall feeling of getting better...especially when I look back to the first week post op. just hoping to see the tightness and...
  6. Templar1974

    TKR Concerned with slow, painful recovery<

    The stiffness is such a drag. Most days I start the day off feeling pretty good now, then the more I walk ( very minimal) the stiffer and more painful it becomes. I've cut back on everything (significantly), PT just one or two days, and I do very little when there (light stretching, ten...
  7. Templar1974

    TKR Playing soccer and baseball again

    Sports at lunchtime?! I want your job! I use both feet as well. Always preferred playing center forward, which allowed me to switch to left or right wing. My left has always been stronger. Your right about muscle strength. I have lost so much of my quad muscle. Amazed how quickly it went...
  8. Templar1974

    TKR Playing soccer and baseball again

    @wilsonma, I am amazed and in awe of your recovery and ability to play not just sports, but contact sports again. I miss playing soccer, especially this time of year. I played every year since I was five. Coached, officiated, and even made it semi pro. Prior surgeries turned the scouts away...
  9. Templar1974

    TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

    Glad you were able to enjoy your time out at the movie!
  10. Templar1974

    TKR Tchrtina's LTKR Recovery

    I can relate to what your going through 100%. I went home my day of surgery as well. I breezed through two PT sessions at the hospital in order to get released. I actually said to my wife...this is not going to be a problem! LOL. Wow, was I ever in for a reality check! By day two, I was...
  11. Templar1974

    Revised PKR to TKR My Revision Journey<

    Haven't thought of a name for mine yet, although I have called it some choice words...often :)
  12. Templar1974

    TKR Concerned with slow, painful recovery<

    Thanks everyone for the great heartfelt advice. I regret that it has taken me this long, but I am going to do what's right for my body finally. I have six sessions of PT left, and am not going to let a single visit hurt me. If I need to cancel them, I will. I am hoping to get to the point...
  13. Templar1974

    TKR Concerned with slow, painful recovery<

    I just feel so discouraged about this whole process. The bright spot to my week was going and seeing GOTG with my son. Fortunately, I only dealt with stiffness from sitting so long in the same position. When I saw my Doctor, I was told the fluid that had been drained from my knee "looked like...
  14. Templar1974

    TKR Concerned with slow, painful recovery<

    My knee today, and last x-ray(at week 2).
  15. Templar1974

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    the angry swollen knee at day two and 13 weeks
Back
Top Bottom