Recent content by TeeDee

  1. TeeDee

    TKR TeeDee's Knee, see?

    See, this is the kind of practical knowledge I wish were bestowed by those who are looked to for their special skills. Hey, PT! Maybe take a few moments here and there to implement a course of therapy that gradually teaches TKR clients how to do things like, oh, kneel comfortably, and then get...
  2. TeeDee

    TKR TeeDee's Knee, see?

    Five weeks from LTKR, 11 months from RTKR. So, I was doing laundry yesterday, which would have used up my stamina for the day but I allowed for that. I brought my little three-legged folding seat so I could load the washers while sitting. Cool beans, right? Oops. I hadn't made sure the legs were...
  3. TeeDee

    TKR TeeDee's Knee, see?

    I'm home from the rehab facility. You know what's great? That it's possible to have such a perfect configuration of pillows and memory foam mattresses that I can prop my leg up, lay back, and feel so completely comfortable that I don't need pain medication or icing. It's a miracle! I don't...
  4. TeeDee

    TKR French recovery

    Funny you say that, I had a horrendous pain in my big toe at about 10 days out from surgery, would have sworn it was gout or an ingrown toenail except nothing was red or swollen, it just hurt like the dickens for two days. Fortunately it's gone now.
  5. TeeDee

    TKR The Need For New Shoes After a TKR or a BTKR

    This is an excellent resource/reminder of how knee replacement has ramifications that radiate outwards into many other aspects of our lives other than knees. In my case, I started wearing Crocs many years ago to act as shock absorbers for the forces impacting up through my knees when walking on...
  6. TeeDee

    TKR TeeDee's Knee, see?

    And...scene. Surgery was great. For reasons unknown to me at the moment, last time I had twilight anesthesia and was aware of what was going on but didn't care, while this time it was general all the way. Mask on, breathe deep, and next thing I know my dearly beloved is next to me in recovery...
  7. TeeDee

    TKR TeeDee's Knee, see?

    @Legin , @Celle , thanks so much, every pixel of what you say is fuel for a good recovery!
  8. TeeDee

    TKR TeeDee's Knee, see?

    Oh boy, today's the day for the second knee (my left) to be done, after all the wondrous success with the right one. I have a goal this time of being able to sit in a movie theater on December 18th and watch the new Star Wars movie. That's a pretty modest goal, right? I'll absolutely baby the...
  9. TeeDee

    2015 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Well, annoying update but couldn't be helped..,my LTKR due this past October 12th was moved to November 2nd, so it's off to the fine folks in that month for yours truly.
  10. TeeDee

    2015 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Good to see you all again, with news that after the total success of my right TKR, I'm having a left TKR on October 12th. A tiny bit envious of the HSS crew, but I'm having mine at Flushing Hospital and they did okay before.
  11. TeeDee

    TKR TeeDee's Knee, see?

    Hi all! Thanks to you good people for your own inspiring experiences. You've made the ups and even the downs a source of invaluable information that's made the whole process a great deal less, well, not to sugarcoat it, but you've all kept it from being frightening. There was a point when I...
  12. TeeDee

    TKR TeeDee's Knee, see?

    Blushing as I just noticed my signature listed a surgery date a whole year earlier than was fact. Update: Having a good time! The knee has settled down for the most part. As we know, there are good days and bad ones, but the bad ones aren't teeth-grindingly bad. Pretty much, I sit at the...
  13. TeeDee

    TKR TeeDee's Knee, see?

    Update...Yay, staples are out today, 25 days after they were put in. They came out fine except for one which bled a gusher, but oddly enough I think it was the same one that bled when pt first got me up to walk the day after surgery. I wonder if it happened to be inserted in a capillary or...
  14. TeeDee

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    To the ever-lasting @TexasTee, this advice... Hydrate. Your innards will appreciate it.
  15. TeeDee

    TKR TeeDee's Knee, see?

    Great googley-moogley, what fresh heck is this? I have an appointment on Tuesday to have my long-overdue staples removed, and now weather reports say it's scheduled right in the middle of a blizzard for NYC? Owell, scrambling tomorrow morning to see if someone, anyone, can fit me in for an...
Back
Top Bottom