I don’t know if this helps now, as I see your original post was a month ago, but I had the EXACT same surgery as you. Badly torn left labrum and sharp hip joint shaved down. I’m also very flexible in my hips so I struggled a lot with the tightness I ended up with after my op.
Mine was 9th Jan...
Thank you so much. I’ve posted details in my Separate message. I’m hoping the doctor can shed some more light on things, but I’m positive I need to seek advice from someone who specialises in spines. I’m almost certain the back pain is linked to my RLS. Keeping fingers crossed!
Did you find your back and leg pain eased off on its own in the end? I’m hoping to be back in touch with my surgeon soon once appointments are up and running again. But in the meantime I’m hoping the doctor can point me in the right direction for my back. I’m frustrated because I mentioned my...
Thank you everyone. I probably should have mentioned, before lockdown happened in the UK, I was attending hydrotherapy sessions which were hugely helpful and I really felt a big improvement quite quickly. Of course then we went into lockdown and I struggled to go out on walks because of anxiety...
Well, I’m now 6 months post op, and not only are my legs still very restless, but my entire body just crawls. Most days my hip, legs and back just ache and I feel physically exhausted. And by the evening, my back crawls. I’ve been on 50mg tramadol per night. It definitely helps with the...
I also have restless legs after a hip arthroscopy 2 months ago, but mine is all over my body and has been awful for most of my 2 months recovery-I’m actually taking a minimal dose of Tramadol each night and it definitely helps. Also I’ve head a strong iron supplement helps too...
Ooh no but that looks to be a great idea! I used the exercise bands to lift my legs when I was a little earlier on in recovery-it’s such a strain on my back and like you say you put a lot of pressure on areas you maybe haven’t used in a few weeks. I’ve never really suffered with back ache before...
I’ve been very lucky with help after my op and have moved back into my mum and dads house, along with my 9 year old as I’ve nobody else to watch her. Even then it’s been tough feeling isolated from friends and even the regular day to day jobs such as school drop off and pick up. I’m finally...
Hi everyone, I’m now 7 weeks post op and my lower back area has been in agony the last 3 weeks I would say. I find it really hard to bend over and it’s even sore to touch and feels bruised (no visible bruises) Is this literally due to holding myself differently in recovery, or does anyone else...
Ah thank you everyone, it’s nice to know it’s a normal process of healing!! It feels at the moment like it will never end!! I’ve begun taking full doses of magnesium and also Ferrous Sulphate as I read about iron levels in the brain (my bloods are normal levels) so fingers crossed this will...
Hi everyone
I’m new to this forum, I’m 4 weeks post op for a anterior labral tear on my left hip. Recovery is going well and I’m only on paracetamol and naproxen now. I was taking Tramadol but I was getting terrible leg spasms/twitches. These seem to have passed. But I’ve been left with...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.