Recent content by Suziepi

  1. Suziepi

    TKR SadKnee Will Be Smiling Soon

    Hi Sadknee Like me your knee is taking time to get improved ROM. I have panicked because in the past I have been told if your ROM isn't more than say 90 by 6 weeks post TKR then that isn't great for future improvement. Which is a load of hogwash. Finally I have got 110 ROM at 7 months! I can...
  2. Suziepi

    MUA Manipulation and stiff knee after TKR

    Hi All, Well I finally got to see my OS today. My ROM has improved to 107 due to my back being realigned by my Physio and being placed on a rehab program. My OS has recommended to keep up the program as I am progressing so well. He seemed to think that doing another MAU or arthroscope...
  3. Suziepi

    MUA Manipulation and stiff knee after TKR

    Hi Juniper, That arboretum sounds wonderful. Canberra has just opened one up so the trees are still little. Still it's nice to visit as it has some great views of the rest of the city. Your one must be great to walk in I would love see it. As I love walks but not so much when it rains like...
  4. Suziepi

    MUA Manipulation and stiff knee after TKR

    Hi juniper, Thanks for the encouragement. I hope things get better for you too. It's a great idea to look at things in our lives that are good or really good. It would be a shame to miss them for the sake of the bad stuff. A good wake up call for me as too much of my energy is consumed on this...
  5. Suziepi

    TKR SadKnee Will Be Smiling Soon

    Hi Sadknee, I like Josephine's advise but then i am no expert. I had a MUA only 9 weeks following my TKR. At the time my ROM was just falling and not improving at all. Yours is!!!! My ROM fell back to 60 three weeks after the MUA. Although now with a lot of changes, work and care it is finally...
  6. Suziepi

    MUA Frustrated!!

    Hi Chris, From my personal experience I am feeling 100% better now I have a Physio knows her job and knows how to treat TKR. There seems to be quite a few out there that don't have a clue but acted and talk as though they do. I have found a couple to be very negative which doesn't help. I...
  7. Suziepi

    MUA Manipulation and stiff knee after TKR

    Hi Maryo Thanks for your encouragement. Your prediction on my knee is correct I am getting pleasantly surprised. It just confirms to me that no pain means more gains. With patience and gentle stretching exercise the knee is happier and will heal more and is loosen up. Suzie
  8. Suziepi

    MUA Manipulation and stiff knee after TKR

    Hi all Well this week I got to 100 ROM. That is great for me as forward I go. I was able to ride an exercise bike even though it was raised quite a bit.
  9. Suziepi

    TKR Second TKR - First had Arthrofibrosis

    Congratulations hhilltop for getting 122. Perseverance does get results. I hope that eventually the stairs aren't an issue for you too. I am only just starting to do stairs normally. It's a big hurdle for me to do them especially down stairs. I just got to bend the operated knee more as I go...
  10. Suziepi

    MUA Frustrated!!

    Hi Chris Like you and others here, I have had a MUA and afterwards the ROM fell back. I had a surgeon who seem to indicate my poor ROM was due to it my lack of commitment to my PT. I also had an aggressive Physio. And many times I have been depressed. But then I know this is normal especially if...
  11. Suziepi

    TKR At a Crossroads - Need Advice

    Hi IheartTahoe, Never give up! I am not giving up even some med professions say differently. I am always on the look out to improve the situation and if it means changing Physio or Os I will do it. I will get a second opinion too and use other alternative medical professionals if it helped. I...
  12. Suziepi

    MUA Manipulation and stiff knee after TKR

    Hi Leejaa and Maryo, Thanks again for your reassurance. I have now booked myself in for a second referral. I also rang my surgeon rooms to see if I could get in earlier. I learnt that the practice is splitting and my surgeon is moving to a smaller group and another location. The appointment I...
  13. Suziepi

    TKR MUA time limit???

    Hi omybones, You must have had your TKR about the same time as me. I also have pain and limited ROM. I have had one MuA already in December. Even though the surgeon got 120 during the procedure a few weeks later it dropped back lot 60. I have now built it back to a little over 90 although a few...
  14. Suziepi

    MUA Manipulation and stiff knee after TKR

    Hi Maryo Thank you for the response. I sure hope my current OS can determine some diagnosis and appropriate treatment from these additional tests as its costing me more money. I am getting a little concerned about staying with this surgeon. I am really considering getting a second opinion...
  15. Suziepi

    MUA Manipulation and stiff knee after TKR

    Hi all Well I had my first visit to my OS the other day 5 months after he had performed a MUA on me. At last he is acknowledging that there was a problem with my knee and sent me off to do blood tests, CT scans and X-rays. He said to see him 4 weeks time but to still keep going with the rehab...
Back
Top Bottom