Recent content by susieb64

  1. susieb64

    PKR Susieb64 - EUREKA!!!!

    Thank you @SusieShoes - even 4 days after the dressing was removed it's already looking and feeling so much better!
  2. susieb64

    PKR Susieb64 - EUREKA!!!!

    DAY 15 - I tried yet again to do what has failed me until now - raise my heel off the bed. Oh yes!!! Up it came and flew into the air!!! Whooopeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! So, to anyone else soon after surgery who is finding themselves in a similar position with physio - believe it, it will suddenly...
  3. susieb64

    PKR Quirky's Recovery Thread

    Thank you @Jockette and @SusieShoes - so helpful as always. :) :-) (:
  4. susieb64

    PKR Quirky's Recovery Thread

    I do sympathise with you. I am 2 weeks post op (also a partial) and also feel this same stress and guilt that I'm not doing enough. I failed miserably at the physio in the hospital but they discharged me with the proviso that I attend outpatient physio and my first appointment will be on...
  5. susieb64

    PKR Susieb64 - EUREKA!!!!

    So, I was unable to see the GP but the nurse passed on my discharge letter to the GP on duty to ask for a repeat. However, the GP wrote a repeat prescription for the paracetamol and Ibuprufen with a note attached that she would not prescribe any Longtec or Shortec (Oxy) as they were 'addictive...
  6. susieb64

    PKR Susieb64 - EUREKA!!!!

    Day 11 - it all seems to be going OK, I'm walking about the house without crutches and managing daily short walks in the park outside with crutches being mindful of walking correctly without limping. I'm now manoeuvring my leg in and out of bed, of sorts, can now lift my heel off the floor a...
  7. susieb64

    PKR Susieb64 - EUREKA!!!!

    Thank you for the encouragement. It's good to know I'm not the only one who has had trouble with this. Yes, I have been using my other foot to help lift my bad leg up. Hey ho, tomorrow is another day.
  8. susieb64

    PKR Susieb64 - EUREKA!!!!

    Day 6 - try as I might, I still can't raise my heel off the floor or off the bed. This makes it very difficult to elevate my leg onto cushions. From what I read it means my 'quads are not firing' but they must be - I can squeeze my knee down on to the bed (0 extension) and I can see my thigh...
  9. susieb64

    PKR Susieb64 - EUREKA!!!!

    5 Days Out I had my op on Monday afternoon 13th November and I did have a spinal anaesthetic with spinal morphine added (no nerve block). They sedated me and I didn't wake up until the bandages were on and I was being wheeled to the recovery room. I felt very good and the numbness in my legs...
  10. susieb64

    PKR Susieb64 - EUREKA!!!!

    Making a start on this thread as I'm about to go to the hospital in the next few minutes. Surgery is this afternoon. See you all soon! xxx
  11. susieb64

    Wait??? or Sooner The Better?!

    Well, today is the day! I am going in to hospital 2 hours from now at 11am and having my surgery this afternoon. I have to admit, with all my self-doubt over the last couple of months of whether I should have it done, I have felt a deterioration weekly to the point where I think, hey, old knee...
  12. susieb64

    Flying after surgery

    Thank you for the excellent tips and articles! I feel more confident about going at 15 weeks post-op now.
  13. susieb64

    Flying after surgery

    I'll be having a PKR on November 13th. I've been advised no short-haul for 6 weeks and no long-haul for 3 months. So, I'm leaving it as long as possible to about 15 weeks before a planned trip from UK to US. Any opinions or first hand experience of what an 8 hour flight might be like? Do you...
  14. susieb64

    2017 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    My left partial knee replacement (scary word!) is confirmed for 13th November.
  15. susieb64

    Spinal versus general anesthetic

    Ah, I hadn't thought about that. Thanks for mentioning it and I'll be sure to bring that up!
Back
Top Bottom