Prayers Answered!!
I sent a picture on Thursday to the OS that postponed my irrigation, debridement and possible poly spacer exchange.
I have had no oozing from the Tunneling Pin Hole in my incision for almost 2 weeks!!!
The OS said that he is confident due to my labs and synovial fluid being...
Thanks for the prayers..... I will send a picture on Thursday to the OS that was to do the surgery on July 30th!!
So far so good no drainage just the pit of the pin hole in my incision!!! Will leaving the hole there be ok if it is healed/closed?? Just wondering if Down the road it could cause...
Well I was scheduled for an irrigation debridement and possible poly exchange on July 30th!
Because of a Pin Hole Leak in the Incision that had been oozing since about the 2nd week in March after my LTKR on February 27 2018! In Mid June it started oozing more white rather than clear ... my...
Well went to Dr today.... scheduled for surgery July 30th!!
Revision I&D of my knee!
He doesn’t think the infection is deep in the knee ... as all the tests are showing no infection there!
That is good news .... but he is going to reopen the incision and clean whatever is causing the spot (pin...
I sure remember that crazy feeling... if anything
Touched or Rubbed against the knee it drove me nuts for quite a while!
Good news is it does go away now at 4 months I can say I don’t have that sensation anymore!!
Can someone explain the layering of the TKR wound?
Knee components are put in .... closing over with the muscle and tendons over the components with internal stitches ..... then skin is stapled!!
If infection is under the skin from incision ..... how can infection not get to the new in place...
No, no culture as there was no drainage! I looked online and so far the Sed rate and the C-reactive protein are normal as well as the preliminary check of the Synovial fluid looks normal .... praying the culture will be Negative!!!
Thanks for you comments and hope and pray is just the incision...
Well here is what the Surgeon said today!!!
Had my TKR on February 27, 2018!
I have had a Pin Hole Leak in my incision since week two of LTKR! Was told it was probably a stubborn stitch just below the surface in the lower part of my incision! I was put on prophylactic antibiotics for a couple of...
I had appointment set for July 11th called this morning and I am going to see the Surgeon bright and early tomorrow morning, he was off today or I’d have been there today!
I’m nervous least to say and hope it is still superficial!
The drainage is not so white any more and I’m sure it is...
Thanks for the encouragement.... I have an appointment to see another OS in Wisconsin next week on the 10th! Surgery was done in Florida but we are in Wisconsin for the summer.
Today scab popped again from the pin hole leak in incision and more white gunk came out so, now I’m getting worried...
Wow I had my left knee done the end of February.... I did really well! But, you are one brave soul to do your other one!!! Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery!!
SusieB
Well almost four months Post TKR....still have Pin Hole In Incision!!!!!
For two week there was no leaking!!! Yesterday scab came off.... this is kind of Gross but want to know your thoughts!!!!
Scab had a little tail on it... so I pushed on the sides of it out came white mucus followed by what...
Hang in there... a good attitude is a big help I think in the healing process!! But it’s hard to stay positive when you have pain and issues that bring you down!
It’s baby steps and resting elevating and icing are the clue!!! It takes a while for the bruising and swelling to go away!!
Things...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.