Recent content by supjam

  1. supjam

    TKR I am post-op phase and doing well

    @Jane B. Thank you. I get measured at PT all the time. You can expect your rom to be up and down. I have plateaued a few times and then made progress. I can weather the ups and downs. I am wondering if the rom under anesthesia is considered a hard limit or if anyone has exceeded that?
  2. supjam

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    Congratulations! It will keep getting better & better. Enjoy each accomplishment. Best wishes
  3. supjam

    TKR I am post-op phase and doing well

    I am 4 wks post surgery. My rom is 0-115. Because my pre surgical rom was normally 15-115 and the surgery itself my quadriceps seem to be overwhelmed by the additional extension. I still walk with a crutch because my quadricep buckles after relatively short distances. Doctor says to start...
  4. supjam

    TKR I am post-op phase and doing well

    Went to PT and used gravitron machine for weightless squat. When I did single leg squat, prosthetic went through the range of motion in such a smooth painless fashion. It brought tears to my eyes to realize what a creaky hinge my pre-surgerical knee was.
  5. supjam

    2014 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

    To my September Sapphire friends, we are doing well on the postop side. We are thinking of you and looking forward to your joining us. Jamie
  6. supjam

    TKR I am post-op phase and doing well

    Saturday was difficult. I hurt from ankle up the back of my leg to my butt. Thankfully, I saw the posts on @MotownGirl66 thread talking about how muscle soreness, swelling pressure etc are all pain. I increased my meds back to max dose per time. I also slept a lot and today I got back to a 0-1...
  7. supjam

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    I was just figuring some of this out for myself & your reinforcement is really helpful. Also, when I am hurting, extra sleep during the day has been hugely helpful. Yet it eludes me at times because I feel restless.
  8. supjam

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    I think what I experience is similar just different muscles. The other thing you mentioned is the restlessness. When I feel pain I feel agitated and don't want to stay still even if I also feel tired,as if I could nap. The cpm moving my knee actually helps. Maybe it's just a feeling of not...
  9. supjam

    TKR I am post-op phase and doing well

    Things are still going well. Friday I increased my rom to 5-95 degrees. We focused on correct walking rom exercises as I tend to guard and stick out my hip. Friday I felt like I gave back my rom and my muscles from back of my ankle to my butt hurt. I think normally it wouldn't be too much but...
  10. supjam

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    I had to dial back on painkillers for a while because I was getting bad headaches. Since physical therapy, I have increased again because of pain mostly swelling & muscle pain from trying to walk with proper form or possibly from when there was difficulty removing the bone spur from the back of...
  11. supjam

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    @MotownGirl66 , that's a great story about the tv. I agree my pain comes from swelling, sometimes feeling like my knee is going to pop by the end of the day. I use the cpm to keep my leg moving. I feel like it helps me keep from getting stuck in extension or flexion which seems to come with the...
  12. supjam

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    I had a good hospital experience but the nurses do seem to have differences in the way they handle meds. My nerve block lasted 2 days so I was happy and able to do all kinds of PT easily. When I was transitioning to oral meds it was suggested by my nurse to I take the max amount every 4 hrs. At...
  13. supjam

    Ready to change my life!

    Whoohoo!! So glad to hear
  14. supjam

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    Sorry to hear about your hospital experience. Glad to hear you are on the postop side. Still not seeing anything from some of the other Sept Sapphires. Wishing for things to go more smoothly from here on.
  15. supjam

    TKR I am post-op phase and doing well

    Feeling better, slept more and elevated properly yesterday. Had a good morning at physical therapy and +5 degrees flexion so I am at 95 degrees at 1.5 weeks. Thanks for helping me to realize that I was worrying too much about rom.
Back
Top Bottom