Recent content by sunshine818

  1. S

    Bilateral TKR My bilateral replacements journey

    Hi Everyone, It has now been just over 7 months since my bilateral surgery. Overall I'm so happy with my progress. I move my left knee like it's "mine". The right knee is a bit different. When I bend it, there is a lot of crunching ( like the sound I had before surgery) with some pain. This...
  2. S

    Bilateral TKR My bilateral replacements journey

    Thank you @Jamie. Thanks for your response! I still have some hip pain but not as much. Seems when I overdo it is when I feel it in my hips. Also if I lay too long on my side while sleeping, I may get some hip pain but that does seem to be going away. What a difference a month makes! I'm...
  3. S

    Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

    Your knees look great! Can I ask if you're putting anything on the scars or doing scar massage? You're doing terrific. I'm very impressed with your recovery. Congrats!
  4. S

    Bilateral TKR My bilateral replacements journey

    Hi All, I'm at 8 weeks now. I've started taking short walks, in between the snow storms! Going slow, taking my time, clunking all the way. I hope that gets better. It really is loud. The last week my hips have been hurting. I was thinking its from my increased activity. Has anyone else...
  5. S

    TKR New member

    Hi Missytucker! I had my surgery Jan. 5. You sound like you're on your way. I also am proud of you that you stepped up and let your PT know therapy was too aggressive for you. Not easy to do especially so early in therapy. Sorry, you've had a rough time so far...things can only get better...
  6. S

    Bilateral TKR My bilateral replacements journey

    Happy Valentines Day all! Wishing you a sweet day! Saw my PA yesterday for 2nd follow up. He said I was doing great. 120/125 rom. I told him about sharp pain I get in left knee when walking down stairs. He asked if I also get it when doing deep knee bends in PT. I said yes and he said to go...
  7. S

    Bilateral TKR My bilateral replacements journey

    I'm taking it easy today and the sharp pain seems to have subsided. Probably overdoing it as you all have said. Impatience again!
  8. S

    Bilateral TKR My bilateral replacements journey

    Thanks skigirl! I'll take it easy. I was worried I had injured something doing too many stairs.
  9. S

    TKR New member, muddling my way through...

    I can walk much longer than just standing still also.
  10. S

    Bilateral TKR My bilateral replacements journey

    Thanks all...I have been sleeping about 5 hours every night. I feel so much better. I drove yesterday for first time. Just a short drive. I'm climbing stairs now. That's a little uncomfortable and sometimes I have a sharp pain across my left knee. Most of my pain is throbbing or dull so...
  11. S

    Bilateral TKR My bilateral replacements journey

    Hi All, I'm hoping I'm turning a corner...slept for 5 hours last 2 nights! Boy, did that feel good. I started my PT, some discomfort but not pain. It's been 4 weeks and once again I'm so glad I found bonesmart. Every time I feel discouraged and feel that I should be further along, I come...
  12. S

    Bilateral TKR My bilateral replacements journey

    Thank you for the warm welcome!
  13. S

    Bilateral TKR My bilateral replacements journey

    Hi. I'm new here...had my surgery on Jan. 5th. I'm 17 days into my new journey. I think I'm progressing nicely. Started walking this week without a walker. My right knee is more swollen but I'm getting a little more bend to it. I can sit in chair now with my legs down comfortably for...
Back
Top Bottom