Recent content by sunsetbiking

  1. sunsetbiking

    MUA 4 years after LTKR I had a MUA with a LTHR

    This morning I started my first PT visit for my knee and hip. The knee is at 60 degrees in flexion, much better than I thought it was. The extension is was at -13, back to more stretches again to regain my extension. The hip is tight, so I need to work on some stretching exercises. I am feeling...
  2. sunsetbiking

    MUA 4 years after LTKR I had a MUA with a LTHR

    Thank you Josephine, that does answer my question.
  3. sunsetbiking

    MUA 4 years after LTKR I had a MUA with a LTHR

    How soon after having a MUA, can you have another MUA? Would it be of any benefit? Will a surgeon even do another one?
  4. sunsetbiking

    MUA 4 years after LTKR I had a MUA with a LTHR

    Thank you @Josephine for your response. All the surgeries were not performed by all the same surgeon. I have had 3 different surgeons on this knee. In my mind, my knee was destroyed 15 years ago by the surgeon that did my tibial osteotomy. That was by far the worst surgery I ever had in my life...
  5. sunsetbiking

    MUA 4 years after LTKR I had a MUA with a LTHR

    @Josephine all my issues started when I was 11 years old, both of my knees would dislocate, the knee cap would ride off to the side. I would often put my knees back in place myself. When I was about 24 I had a lateral release of the left knee and the doctor also cleaned up the underside of the...
  6. sunsetbiking

    MUA 4 years after LTKR I had a MUA with a LTHR

    @Celle I think there is some confusion, my ROM right now is at 40 degrees flexion. The OS got me to 90 degrees while I was under anesthesia.
  7. sunsetbiking

    MUA 4 years after LTKR I had a MUA with a LTHR

    Thank you @newlybionic. It has been two months since my MUA and there is some swelling, usually after the more walking I do or if I try stretching it more. I still ice, mostly when there is a lot of swelling and/or pain. I haven't done lunges or squats for over a month. I usually just do heel...
  8. sunsetbiking

    MUA 4 years after LTKR I had a MUA with a LTHR

    I have spent most of my time on the hip replacement side recently because I had a LTHR March 31, 2016 and while under the OS also did a mild MUA of my LTKR. I came across this thread: https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/tkr-3-years-ago-2nd-mua.24986/ I was also hoping to see if anyone else ever...
  9. sunsetbiking

    THR Back again! this time for a LTHR...

    @Hip Hip Hooray! my left leg had a LTKR in 2012 and I have had issues with ROM and not being able to bend this knee on and off for 4 years. I have done PT several times for this knee. Before I had my LTHR this leg felt like it needed to be stretched so bad and I felt if I could just bend my knee...
  10. sunsetbiking

    THR Back again! this time for a LTHR...

    On Thursday I will be at 5 weeks into my recovery. Everything seems to be going well, I still have some achiness after walking a bit and icing and a couple of Tylenol relieves the pain. The recovery for this hip is a bit different than the last hip and seems to have more pain, I really don't...
  11. sunsetbiking

    THR And so, I Continue

    Good Luck on your surgery tomorrow!
  12. sunsetbiking

    THR My recovery journey<

    @Arlene56 I totally understand the scaredy cat feeling. That's great your new PT incorporates Pilates into your sessions, I have never tried Pilates. I just had my daughter look at my incision to verify that it's completely healed and no scabs, I want to be able to go to water aerobics. She...
  13. sunsetbiking

    THR My recovery journey<

    @Arlene56 I just caught up on your thread, so sorry you were having such a difficult time with the hubby. I don't have a hubby and I depend on my daughter for my recoveries, this is the third major surgery and she is wonderful. The last hip I had done, I remember getting very snippy, but it had...
  14. sunsetbiking

    THR Back again! this time for a LTHR...

    @keepmovin I was on Gababentin before my surgery for pain, this was before I was diagnosed with needing the THR. I was seeing the pain clinic and they put me on it, I stopped taking it because I didn't see any improvement with the pain. In my opinion it was because of the bone on bone pain from...
  15. sunsetbiking

    THR Back again! this time for a LTHR...

    Hi @Cynthia777 I am still having a hard time sleeping in my bed. Last night I slept (if you can say that) in my bed, I have tried all different positions with the pillows, I can lay on my operated side for a short time and also on my non operated side. I only sleep about an hour in each position...
Back
Top Bottom