Recent content by sunnyphoenix

  1. sunnyphoenix

    THR Not again?

    Two and a half months since surgery and I keep forgetting it ever happened. I also sometimes forget the pain of arthritis in my knee last year and my hip this year, and feel truly blessed (when I do remember) that it could be eliminated. What did people do before these replacement surgeries were...
  2. sunnyphoenix

    TKR Taking a cruise after TKR

    Hello, I haven't come to this site for about a month but an email from BoneSmart served as a reminder and as soon as I read your post I had to comment. We cruised for 28 days in January-February 2022 and I used an upright walker at every moment. My knee hurt with every step, but it would...
  3. sunnyphoenix

    THR Not again?

    Good morning all, I've been lax about coming to this site and writing, maybe because things are going so well. One week after surgery I spent three hours (except for two 10-minute sit-downs) in a furniture store, using my wonderful upright walker. The following week I walked through our grocery...
  4. sunnyphoenix

    THR Not again?

    Well, one of the things I dreaded most, perhaps even more than the surgery itself, was having my staples removed. It hurt a lot last year when coming out of my knee and I fluctuated between wanting to ask for general anesthesia and rationalizing that the whole process would last fewer than ten...
  5. sunnyphoenix

    THR Not again?

    Quick question out of curiosity: occasionally I feel a little pinprick sensation at the incision site. It usually goes away on its own after a second or two, while other times it continues until I change position. Could this be the staples pulling? It's not very painful but enough to be...
  6. sunnyphoenix

    THR Not again?

    Update: I actually had a good PT session (find it strange to use "good" and "PT" in the same sentence). I worked with the same therapist as I did last Monday and he said, 'You told me your goal was to be able to walk unassisted, right? I think you're ready to get started." He had me walk forward...
  7. sunnyphoenix

    THR Not again?

    Two and a half hours until time for PT and I'm dreading it already. The sessions aren't bad, especially since I learned to say, "No, that hurts" or "If I do this I know I'll have pain later from it." This doesn't mean I'm refusing to do 90% of the exercises, more like 5-10%, including those...
  8. sunnyphoenix

    THR Not again?

    Hello everyone, I just wanted to express gratitude to the universe and my surgeon, and to whomever developed the process for replacing hips that don't work anymore. I woke this morning, stood up from my recliner where I slept, grabbed my walker, and again realized that there was no pain. During...
  9. sunnyphoenix

    THR PeteVT in recovery

    Welcome, PeteVT This site has been a godsend to me since I discovered it last year following a knee replacement, then officislly joined this March to help me prepare (and recover from) a hip replacement. I would suggest that if you gain nothing else by reading people's stories, you will learn...
  10. sunnyphoenix

    THR April 12 - Second THR

    Isn't it amazing (and perhaps somewhat sad) that we take everyday life so much for granted until an event gets in the way? I bet everyone on this thread has come to recognize the beauty of "normality" as we strive to return to it. :heehee:
  11. sunnyphoenix

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    I believe II read at least once where you were told this before: at the bottom of each writer's comment is the date of his/her surgery. By reading this, you can instantly know how far along in recovery they are (timewise) compared to you.
  12. sunnyphoenix

    THR Not again?

    The stepper machine is a sit-down thing with arm handles and big pedals for feet. Each foot moves up and down with the corresponding arm handle and it's possible to just rest the feet on the pads and do all the work with arms. It seems to be pretty low impact and I never minded it after knee...
  13. sunnyphoenix

    THR Not again?

    I wish MY surgeon believed as yours does. At this point I'm hoping the therapy will pick up where the other left off, helping me to straighten my knee as it doesn't lie flat. Today's therapist explained the need for this to happen in order to avoid strain on my hip. Maybe she's right, maybe not...
  14. sunnyphoenix

    THR Not again?

    Second day of PT. My therapist started me on the stepper machine and set it for 10 minutes, then left to work with another patient. After 6 minutes my hip was hurting so I rested a minute, but it hurt again after 30 additional seconds, so I stopped. She wasn't nearby but a therapist working with...
  15. sunnyphoenix

    THR April 12 - Second THR

    Thank-you Miss Fanny, for the photos. Coming from Upstate New York, I grew up with tulips, and planted a fair share of them myself. I would never consider leaving Arizona but there are a few things I miss, and tulips and daffodils are among them. And congrats on being a "rubber ball." :tennis:
Back
Top Bottom