Recent content by SunnyKnitterGal

  1. S

    TKR I'm back again

    I have had 2 knee replacements. I allowed them to push me to do aggressive physical therapy the first time, and the second time, I did not. I recovered a lot faster the second time. You don't say what angle you can bend to, and how straight you get your leg. Your surgeon will advise you if...
  2. S

    TKR Sept. 2024. Question

    I am now at 4 months and 2 weeks. My replacement knee feels like "mine". My prior knee replacement was done using a cruciate ligament preserving replacement knee, and it took over a year before it felt like it was my own knee, rather than a robotic part, so it is a relief that because my...
  3. S

    MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

    For my first knee replacement I used a "donut" toilet height riser. This was difficult for my husband, since it required him to aim better than he can (in his 80's), so this time I ordered a Centoco 3" elevated toilet seat (also made by Kohler and Bemis), which is like a regular toilet seat...
  4. S

    THR After surgery issue with Pulse sounding in ear

    My (permanent) tinnitus seems to have been caused by taking Aleve (naproxen). Tinnitus can also caused by cumulative noise exposure or short exposure to very loud noise. I learned that pulsatile tinnitus can go away, if it is caused by high blood pressure or stress, which is then treated. I...
  5. S

    TKR Sept. 2024. Question

    I think at this point, that it's a "habit" to use grab bars, handrails, and my arms in general, when getting into and out of chairs, cars, and using stairs. I am trying to make a conscious effort to use mostly my legs, the way people with healthy, strong legs manage everyday movement.
  6. S

    TKR Sept. 2024. Question

    Happy New Year! Today I am 15 weeks post-knee replacement. I am feeling reasonably normal, except for some lingering pain, stiffness, and not-quite-as straight as I would like on my left knee. I HAVE improved since my last post of Dec. 14. Pain has lessened in the last 2-3 weeks. My...
  7. S

    TKR New member

    With my first knee replacement it took me 3 years, and until I could hike 10 miles with 5,000 feet elevation change up and down, until I got past the tight band. On my left knee replacement (3 months ago), I never had the tight band feeling at all. That shows it is probably between 0 weeks and...
  8. S

    TKR Week 2 post TKR

    Welcome, Hassan61, First, this will pass. The worst day is the first, and it gets better daily from there. I am at 3 months post-surgery, of my 2nd TKR. I certainly had a LOT of trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep in my first 6 weeks or so, and still have trouble getting to sleep at...
  9. S

    TKR Sept. 2024. Question

    I have not sought medical help for my shoulder other than Googling symptoms and treatments. I am trying to not put any stress on it, and avoid a shoulder freeze through very gentle, full motion movements. Since PT and surgery are the two most mentioned treatments & I can't bear either right...
  10. S

    TKR Sept. 2024. Question

    Thanks everyone! You gave me ideas I did not have on my own. Mendogal, thanks for the walking diagram. Very helpful. Also thanks for the lie on stomach- hang leg off bed. I have been working upside down... lying on back, pushing knee & thigh down to bed. Your way... gravity works for me...
  11. S

    TKR IT Band question

    My RTKR was August, 2019. I had the tight band feeling. It finally, for me, ended in October, 2022. My tight band was front only. Less severe than what you describe. However it made my knee feel alien. After that went away, my replacement knee felt like my own flesh & blood, no longer like an...
  12. S

    TKR Sept. 2024. Question

    I would like to be added to Sapphire, September 2024 group. My surgery was September 20, 2024. This is my second knee. First was August 13, 2019. I am 73 and healthy, though 60 pounds overweight. I was very phyically fit going into surgery other than weight. I went in 6am and left for home at...
Back
Top Bottom