Recent content by sunnydays

  1. S

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    What a lovely reunion. 9 months now and back at work. Not sure where all the time has gone. Still have got tendinitis in both heels so limp on bad days. And also have a slight limp from new hip. But all in all going well. I do find it funny that i can touch above my scar and a tingling happens...
  2. S

    THR If only I knew

    Hello again fellow hippies. I thought I would pop in and give an update. Well, it's 4 months down the road and I have freedom, independence and full mobility. And I will describe how this operation makes you feel when the healing has done it's job and the normality of a new life has arrived. So...
  3. S

    THR If only I knew

    Oh and I forgot to add..... for all of you that come everyday and answer posts with encouragement and advice I think you all deserve a huge hug and applause. To have someone recognize your predicament and to read your post and then answer with love and feeling makes the poster feel connected and...
  4. S

    THR If only I knew

    Golly I've been a grumpy so and so over the last 3 weeks. I've come to the conclusion that being restricted to certain tasks and having to wait for this recovery to go through the process, that I have lost sight of all the new things I can do. Looking over my last few posts and realizing that I...
  5. S

    THR If only I knew

    Thank you Sharon for your encouraging post. Will take on board your comments. xxxx
  6. S

    THR If only I knew

    Today I have raging toothache and half my face is swollen so I'm waiting for 9 am to call the dentist. Grrrrrrr at all this blooming pain. Anyway Josephine. yes I know Occupational Health are doing their job, I was just sounding off. But thank you for your advice. The gardening and housework was...
  7. S

    THR If only I knew

    Hi Guys, I have popped in most days but haven't felt like posting as each day brings different aches and pains and I don't like to whine much. Thank you for those that have answered my posts. Well I'm week 10. Will be going back to work in Sept. But Occupational Health want to visit my works and...
  8. S

    So Scared!

    Hi my lovely. first please read as many posts on here as you can and also the library information. Here you will gain knowledge and you will get to understand exactly the major operation you will be going through. It is without doubt a big major upheaval and a learning curve on how your body...
  9. S

    THR Finally back home...

    Hi Graham, I'm an ex Pompey lass, born in Cosham and if I was still in Pompey I would be sat on that pebbled beach just next to South Parade Pier watching the sea and the boats. I have read your journey and I can understand your concerns about going back to work as I have just written about my...
  10. S

    THR If only I knew

    I thought I would do an update as it's week 8 of recovery. It's been a roller coaster of a ride but I haven't had any major incidents. My brain is telling me to do more but my body pays me back by telling me to stop. I did some gardening a few days ago and have suffered massive muscle pain and...
  11. S

    THR Aloha From The Other Side

    I had concerns about taking co-codamol( high strength) for the last 7 weeks. So I stopped them last Sat. But consequently had loose bowels and have been in pain since. So I'm back on them and can manage my days much better with pain relief. With taking the tablets I can function as normally as I...
  12. S

    THR 3 Months post op

    Again this is what I love about this site. As soon as I have a question, someone else has asked it. Only yesterday I was asking myself "how long will this pain last in the incision site?" And now I know. It's like having a doctor in the room :)
  13. S

    THR If only I knew

    Thank you Jaycey, I'm so glad I mentioned it now as I can see it's all normal. I have stopped taking pain med's during the night but can see I should go back on go back on them till this stops. I do hamstring stretches during the day and I flex my muscles when just lying in bed. But this silly...
  14. S

    THR If only I knew

    Hello my lovelies again. I have a quick question. All in all my recovery is going through all the usual stages but I'm finding I'm now lacking sleep( not due to pain) but because of a permanent stretching of the muscles around the hip. I wake up to myself stretching really hard from pelvis to...
  15. S

    THR Three weeks post-op with painful clickity-pop recovery!

    Hi David, does the popping stop when you use a crutch or a cane? Maybe it might still need support especially as you say you have to ice and medicate after walking. I would give myself a timeline of say another 3 weeks of using support as your muscles, tendons and nerves are still healing. If...
Back
Top Bottom