Recent content by Sun catcher

  1. S

    TKR Surgery Done, Lateral Release!

    I did PT for months and the tracking for me did not improve. I had start up pain all of the time and up and down stairs hurt. The further I got along I felt things got worse. I also would have pain all day at times. My doctor first suggested at six months at that time I tried a cortisone...
  2. S

    TKR Surgery Done, Lateral Release!

    Late update on my October 28th lateral release; I am overjoyed and have been relieved of a lot of pain. For the first week I walked around thinking “ oh my goodness, this is wonderful!”. I felt like a giant contracture had been released, which basically it was. I was terrified of the surgery...
  3. S

    TKR Post tkr hemhorrage

    I am almost a year out, I had a large hematoma in the middle of my calf muscle after surgery and it was excruciating. For me I found I turned a corner about 8 weeks out with that. Hang in there it will get better. Try not to compare your recovery to others that hematoma sounded huge! Nausea for...
  4. S

    TKR Very challenging Left TKR

    I am so sorry you are going through this. Call your doctor and let them know what your pain level is, tell them what you are taking and ask what you can supplement with over the counter. Make sure you elevate above your heart a couple times a day, you cannot do this sitting. Ice is your best...
  5. S

    TKR One year -three months post TKR -could use some advice

    Went to the ortho. I am having a lateral release in October. Hopefully this will take care of the problem. He feels very confident it will help. My patella is being pulled to tight to the lateral side.
  6. S

    TKR Surgery Done, Lateral Release!

    Went to the ortho. I am having a lateral release in October. Hopefully this will take care of the problem. He feels very confident it will help. My patella is being pulled to tight to the lateral side.
  7. S

    TKR One year -three months post TKR -could use some advice

    I feel for you! I have an appointment tomorrow for similar. I am 10 months out and I am definitely have got kneecap problems. Sounds like great advice above. I wish you the best.
  8. S

    Revised PKR to TKR Agilitymom's revision recovery<<

    Wishing you the best with your appointment tomorrow. I have an L3-L5 fusion. I put it off for 10 years out of fear. Best thing I have done, I just wanted you to know there are success stories out there.
  9. S

    Revision TKR Mamie's Recovery Thread

    I am so sorry you have gone through all of this. It sounds like you have been through a lot but have a very supportive primary Doctor. Have you tried a University Hospital? I know when I worked at a couple we were referred complex cases. Usually they will see you after this length of time. I...
  10. S

    Bilateral TKR This is more than I bargained for!

    I hope the antibiotic kicked that infection. I remember very well where you are at and I only had one knee done. I was really getting down and wondering if things would ever get better. It was about 7 weeks when I started to see progress and each week was better. Hang in there! Ice is your friend!
  11. S

    TKR Bone spurs

    It does get better! I still iced and elevated as much as possible at that stage. Hoping you get some good sleep soon!
  12. S

    TKR Surgery Done, Lateral Release!

    Thank you Pumpkin! I thought it was my IT I have been doing stretches. I hope the cortisone helps. I will be waiting awhile before I do anything further.
  13. S

    TKR Zilretta

    We had our new knees about the same time and I am about where you are. I also have clunking and crunching and kneecap pain. I also hope to one day be able to walk around. I try to focus on the little progressions, like less pain. Hang in there!
  14. S

    TKR Surgery Done, Lateral Release!

    Lateral release anyone? I am about 3 1/2 months out now. I am doing well but still having problems, I know this is a process. I can ride a bike for 40 minutes and I can walk in a pool. I cannot take a walk outside more than a 1/2 mile. I cannot walk down stairs normally and going up I can do but...
Back
Top Bottom