Recent content by Summer2020

  1. S

    TKR Unsure about my progress.

    In my book that kind of ROM at 7 weeks is awesome!!
  2. S

    TKR Summer2020 recovery thread (RTKR 1/13/20)

    I’m back again. I still have the circle pain and swelling around my knee cap. Like the shape of a C on the outer side of my knee. I also was developing a large raised area below my knee to the outer side of my shin. I finally called the surgeon and made an appointment. I’m so tired of hurting...
  3. S

    TKR Back with a question

    Following....….I'd like to see what answers you get. It's crazy you are still feeling this 2 years out. I have this feeling too. I wonder sometimes if he put in a knee that was too big. LOL My skin feels like its going to rip sometimes it is soooo tight. I am only 5 months out from my surgery...
  4. S

    TKR Summer2020 recovery thread (RTKR 1/13/20)

    Still have tightness in my knee. But now I am developing some new pain that I have never had through this whole thing. When I walk it hurts right below my knee. The thing is the pain I had before surgery, the deep pain inside the knee is gone. I have no pain deep inside. Except for this new pain...
  5. S

    Bilateral TKR Ice machines - opinions please.

    yes yes yes!! I loved my polar ice machine. Tip! Instead of using bags of ice, and filling it with water like the instructions said. Use bottles of frozen water, have at least 8 per machine so you can use 4 at a time and trade them out. Just put 4 frozen bottles in it, and water to the line...
  6. S

    TKR Summer2020 recovery thread (RTKR 1/13/20)

    Well it is now Monday and I am feeling a bit better. Still have extreme headache, and low energy, but I suspect that will linger. So I am in self quarantine , what have you guys done as far as exercises at home to keep the stiffness away? I was in bed most of the time last week, and now my knee...
  7. S

    TKR Knee replacement post op issues

    @Pnwgal I found it. It's up above in Jaycey's response in your post. "Elevation is the key". The three stack pillow I used a LOT when I moved out of my recliner to the couch later on. When I was in my recliner, I did the same with two pillows. The first one was just below my knee, but supporting...
  8. S

    TKR Knee replacement post op issues

    yup it sounds like it. There is a post on here somewhere that is pinned that talks about the best way to elevate it, I was looking for it but couldn't find it. It even has a picture to show you how to put the pillows. I will keep searching. maybe some of the oldies but goodies on here know where...
  9. S

    TKR Knee replacement post op issues

    oh how I remember that first week! Some of the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. and I was taking oxycodone every 4 hours. My first PT appointment was cancelled by them due to bad weather, and I ended up cancelling my second one because like you I didn't think I would be able to get in...
  10. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    @Stiff knee NC i am pretty sure I got a new kneecap. But my OS never specifically said. He did say that he would be replacing everything so that might mean knee cap too. I guess I just assumed they would replace it. I didn’t know that sometimes they don’t. what I do know is my biggest problem...
  11. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    @Stiff knee NC I’m sorry that you’re going through this, but at the same time I’m just a little excited to see someone going through something very similar to me. I had a right TKR the middle of January. So I’m about 4 months out. I deal with stiffness every day! In the mornings I’m so stiff I...
  12. S

    TKR Summer2020 recovery thread (RTKR 1/13/20)

    Well I’ve been home sick all week. Had a covid19 test done on Wednesday and it came back “undetected”. My doctor says they don’t like to use the word negative because basically no virus was detected in the sample taken but that doesn’t mean 100% that you don’t have Covid19. She still feels that...
  13. S

    TKR Summer2020 recovery thread (RTKR 1/13/20)

    Hello everyone, Just thought I would check in, it's been a while. I went back to work on Marc h 31. I work at a desk, and I do insurance payment posting on patient's accounts at a hospital. It has been a crazy time since I have gone back to work with this Covid19 going on. My mind has kind of...
  14. S

    TKR Summer2020 recovery thread (RTKR 1/13/20)

    Well I went back to work last week Tuesday , March 31. Doing half days for 4 days, and now this week working full 8 hour days. I won't lie, it's tough. I sit at a desk all day, so I try to get up about every hour and walk a bit, but boy am I stiff when I do that. I would hate to see what I would...
  15. S

    Knee Infection* Fused knee

    A fused knee. So they’ve caused it to be frozen in a certain position? If so is it fused straight, slightly bent, really bent? Trying to understand what she’s dealing with. Also if her knee doesn’t move what PT do they do?
Back
Top Bottom