@Benay
I love how you put that!! lol.... makes me smile and laugh especially the seamlessly and elegantly part... I couldn't have done that at any point in my life I'm pretty sure :heehee:. I am going to keep following you until you get to the full lotus and you will continue to be my...
@RAD awesome that you had that feeling in your knee. Can not say I have really had that... maybe for a second or two lol. Maybe while sittling.. but I think that's an awesome milestone!!
@RAD my friend I am right there with you! May surgery was May 6 and I got stuck at 105-110 there for a minute. Now that I think about it started up about the time I started PT. See my post above but over the last week or so we figured out the problem is probably more muscular than with the...
@Benay that's fantastic! I have to say I think you were on point to do the surgery now instead of waiting! I have been doing shots for several years and limping for awhile before surgery. Now I am struggling to get my bend back mainly because my quad and calf muscles are gripping and...
@lovetocookandsew Ok thank you for the reminder!! I've read and re-read this stuff but people keep getting in my head. Then I hear lots of stories and see others who seem to be doing so much in a much shorter time. I've keep mostly keeping the faith at slow and steady! Thanks again!
In my 10th week post OP and my PTs and massage therapy friends seem concerned but somewhat pretending not to be. Not sure what to think. Today hit 115 degrees bend and 0 degrees straighten but there's really been very little progress in the last 3 weeks. As of today, I am able to ride a bike...
So in to week 6 and feeling like a sloth of healing!! :heehee: Had my follow up on June 6 and my Dr said I was on track ... see you in 4 months. So I guess I'm good.
Still have quite a bit of bruising and swelling at 2 spots directly on my knee cap. Which makes sense now that I've had the...
@Benay Hi there! Love how much you post in here - I've been reading up on all you have been going thru and we sound very very similar. I am going stir crazy too. I had my post op on June 6 and he was happy with where I was at. I feel like I am super slow still!! At 4 weeks was still using the...
I had that burning pain too - especially that sunburned feeling on the top of the knee cap. Was so painful it could not stand the lightest touch. Hopefully the Gabapentin will help you - it definitely helped me when I had that burning pain!
Awesome about the straight leg raises! So interesting how the body just kicks in when it's ready!! I did little of the PT exercises around the leg raises and suddenly one day I could do it with no pain. Magic. I started following the flexion "stretching" exercise found on this website and have...
@kneeper Thank you for that. I just read someone's story about walking unaided by day 3, sleeping on their side, and going to the grocery store at within 2 weeks... ugh deflating to read but good for them. I still have a great deal of stiffness which gets way worse after I do my stretches. I...
At the top of week 4. Suddenly on Friday and Saturday started walking with the cane only and some with no aid. Today noticing a significant decrease in the need for Tramadol so stretching that out to once every 6 hours to see how it goes. Noticing that the Tylenol is finally having a...
@eelainea65 that's not much you are getting close! I just don't do well on the oxy at all - don't feel good and makes me sleepy so not hard to let go of!! Also have gabapentin which has really worked well for me. Will check out your thread - see how you are doing!
Love reading your thread! My surgery was May 6 - such a different process - no attached pain ball, no staples. Had my shower on my first morning home - its a godsend to stand for a bit under the warm water everyday!! Really struggling with my flexion and extension though so I interesting to hear...
Hi - I had mine done May 6. Was 90 at the hospital and started PT right away. Only regressed until I found Bonesmart. Last Thursday flex was 75 and straight 7-8. Today flex has improved to 90 and straight is still the same so you sound right in line to me!! I'm still on a walker but really...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.