@NavyGunns yes, yesterday I just had an aha moment on probably the 20th time down the stairs that I was having no pain and wasn't even thinking about it before making my way up and down.
You are probably correct about the damage elsewhere in the knee being that I not only have OA but RA as...
@kmak81230 k, yes, I have had a long journey with this knee. Many years of chronic pain before the partial and then the chronic pain was even worse after the partial, so this is like a miracle to me. I wish you nothing but the best in your continued recovery and hope your knee becomes pain...
Hello everyone, just thought I'd drop in and give another update being that I'm nearly 3 months out now. I honestly can't believe just how well I'm doing. Yesterday I took down all my Christmas stuff both on the main level and in the basement. I must have went up and down the stairs (like 14...
Thought I would update everyone on how I’m doing. I’m officially 9 weeks post-op RTKR today and I couldn’t be more happier with where I’m at. I honestly can’t believe how good I’m doing after how I suffered after the partial replacement and then a CRPS diagnosis that followed it. I had my last...
@schpooko No problem with the leg after braking hard. I agree that PT is not necessary. I love my PT guy though as he never pushes me to the point of pain, but does encourage me. I like going because I want to know which exercises are going to build muscle and strength the best. And like you...
@schpooko - I think much of it is just like SusieShoes said, our brain relearning what our new knee feels like. It’s very different than our old knee. I’ve been working my brain hard, telling myself the way it feels when going up and down stairs is ok. Yesterday at work I had to go to a...
@Pyrite - straightening was also much more difficult for me than bending. I’m 8 weeks out and if I put a towel under my ankle, it’s still painful today. However, my extension is 0, so I can fully straighten now, it just took time. I tried a few times to put the towel under my ankle and let my...
@Jockette -I understand your fear, I was there too. Especially after experiencing CRPS with the partial. I was so fearful that would come back with a vengeance. I’m so, so, happy I was able to get myself to conquer my fear. I’m a very active person and I just couldn’t see myself living with...
@Jockette - I hear you! There were so many times I cursed at myself after I had the partial. I would have given anything to go back in time and not have had it. Now that I have a total replacement and the outcome has been so good, I’m glad I had the surgery. With being worse off than you...
@Smythe89 - there are many on this forum who have had failed partials that have went on to have successful total replacements. This is just what I’ve heard/read, but that more and more surgeons are not even doing partials anymore because of the high rate of failures and revisions done to...
@Smythe89 -I’m sorry you are having so much difficulty. I too had a PKR in June, 2017 and my recovery did not go well. I had a series of lumbar nerve block injections in my back that blocked the nerves to my knee. That helped tremendously. However, I still was having great difficulty with...
When I had a partial knee replacement in June, 2017 and failed to recover well, I was diagnosed with complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS). My leg was always hot and red and had different rashes going on. I was referred to a pain management specialist who did a series of lumbar nerve blocks...
Hi, you are doing great! We all have something or another that is more difficult or tasking for us. This knee replacement stuff is not easy! I wouldn’t fret about any of the things you mentioned, they will come with time.
I had my right TKR one day after you and today I’m exactly 7 weeks. I...
@Jolease - I’m sorry you are going through all this and I really wish you the best. Chronic pain is so defeating and really wears a person down. Keep us posted on what you decide. Maybe you could ask for an MRI which may give more of a clue as to what is going on. I was worse off too than...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.