Recent content by suemegane

  1. suemegane

    TKR Post op RTKR

    If you look at page 24 in my thread @liam2015 you will see that I was at 6 months on my journey before I could do a full turn on the bike, I thought I would never get there but I did. It was at 21months when I would say I had fully recovered, when I began to forget I had had the operation. I...
  2. suemegane

    TKR Post op RTKR

    @liam2015 it will happen with the rotation, it all takes its own time though it is frustrating. I had alot of stiffness at post 6 months, but keep up the hiking. I learnt you can't rush this kind of operation. Keep us posted how you are doing.:upright:
  3. suemegane

    TKR Post op RTKR

    I do hope you are not having too much trouble @liam2015 keep positive, exercise & hope that things have been improving since August :)
  4. suemegane

    TKR Post op RTKR

    21 Months post op update - Things at last are so much better, it's been a long haul but I have finally come through. I was told it could take up to 18 months - 2 years for a full recovery & they were sure right. I very rarely think about my TKR now, it's still numb on the outside of my knee but...
  5. suemegane

    TKR Post op RTKR

    18 month update - I am due to have some physio next week, hoping that will help with the ongoing problems. At last I am on a positive track & have lost some weight since my last post. I'm looking forward to a holiday at the end of May to sunny / warmer climate in Spain, with lots of swimming &...
  6. suemegane

    TKR Post op RTKR

    Thank you @newlybionic & @Majic for you encourgement, I feel so down in the dumps, exercising has been so hard over the winter, but you are right the better weather is now upon us, so maybe the brighter days will help. Pilates does sound good it's just the first step to get up & go which I find...
  7. suemegane

    TKR Post op RTKR

    17 months post op update - I am still having ongoing problems with scar tissue, ligament stiffness & clawing on my right toes. I went for physio/massage about 6 weeks ago & was told I need to stretch the muscles above & below at the back of my knee. I don't seem to be able to motivate myself to...
  8. suemegane

    TKR Post op RTKR

    I agree with what you say @Celle if I keep on the move, the knee is fine. I think I will go back to the gym & aqua zumba for the winter months as don't think I will be walking out much once the weather turns cold. Good luck for you RTKR @newlybionic it's great news.:loveshwr:
  9. suemegane

    TKR Post op RTKR

    It's now been a year since my RTKR, most of the time I am very happy with the results, but still getting the stiffness after sitting for more than 15 minutes. My gait is still not perfect & does cause concern with an aching hip. I have decided to go to my GP & see if I can get some help with...
  10. suemegane

    TKR Post op RTKR

    I've been back to work 9 months now, I think the stiffness has come back because on holiday I did alot of walking & swimming & going to work sitting is not what I have been used to for 2 weeks. @Celle, you are right about the lubrication, feels like the knee needs WD put into it :rotfl:
  11. suemegane

    TKR Post op RTKR

    11 months post op - I have just got back from 2 weeks holiday in Italy, did lots of walking up & down steps & slopes. It was fine for most of the time accept for stiffness & abit achy from being on my feet alot. Now I'm back the stiffness & aches in my leg, each side of my knee & foot have got...
  12. suemegane

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    Hope everything went well with your op :praying:
  13. suemegane

    MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

    I find standing for a long time really bad for me too, the knee, leg & foot are all stiff & feel achy. I'm post op 11 months & really thought things would be much better by now, so I'm feeling quite disappointed. I have just returned from a 2 week holiday in Italy & did lots of steep walking so...
  14. suemegane

    TKR Post op RTKR

    9 month post op - I thought I would give you all an update. I was able to walk 3k last week on 2 occasions at the gym, so I think I am doing pretty well. Walking is no problem at all, it's just when I sit or lay for too long that my knee gets stiff. Hopefully this will get better in time...
  15. suemegane

    TKR Post op RTKR

    8 month post op update - Things were going well but for the last 2 weeks my knee has been very stiff & aching. I have had to take paracetamol every night before bed so that I can get a good night's sleep as it's making me so restless. The numb spot on the outside of my knee feels really funny...
Back
Top Bottom