Recent content by Sue4473

  1. Sue4473

    TKR Pain 7 years later

    Here’s the photo. Hope this is helpful. Thank you!
  2. Sue4473

    TKR Pain 7 years later

    Update, I haven’t seen anyone for the right (2010) knee, it’s somewhat better but when I next see the ortho I will bring it to his attention. It feels much like the left, which was replaced six months ago. Left keeps improving, I fear the right is going backwards. As stated above, I have been...
  3. Sue4473

    TKR Pain 7 years later

    Thank you all. I meant, “the inside”. I’m sorry for my typo and resulting confusion. Thanks for merging the threads, Celle! The pain in the “old knee” is new, within the past week or so. I have been resuming normal activities as I am able. I am retired and my activities include short walks...
  4. Sue4473

    TKR Pain 7 years later

    hi, everyone, Most recentLy I’ve posted about my LTKR on 11/2/2017. Recovery going well six months on, still have pain aggravated by doing too much or not enough but learning the skills to manage it. Worried now about my RTKR, done on 6/1/2010. It’s beginning to be painful, particularly on...
  5. Sue4473

    Checking in after 8 days

    Thank you, she did register. I will pass this along. Of course, I will help her. She has constant pain, every day.
  6. Sue4473

    Checking in after 8 days

    Hello, everyone. I’m now four months post op and doing pretty well. My rom kind of comes and goes, it’s very easy to let swelling and pain get the best of me and I get stiff and swollen. I’m actually writing today about my friend, Linda. She is having trouble figuring out how to post, and...
  7. Sue4473

    Checking in after 8 days

    I have that scratching thing, too! It’s incredibly sensitive and painful. Worse in evening. Also have plantar fasciitis. Lots of weird after effects with this surgery. Getting fed up, it’s about 12 weeks now, things with knee have stalked or backslid somewhat and this new stuff is taking...
  8. Sue4473

    Checking in after 8 days

    Hello, checking in with a weird new issue. So I’m still dealing with a tight IT band, massaging at the sore point just above and outside the knee. I also have been having a very annoying pain in my big toe. Weird, right? Now, when I do the massage on the IT band spot, I feel pain in the toe...
  9. Sue4473

    Checking in after 8 days

    I love that! Thank you ❤️
  10. Sue4473

    Checking in after 8 days

    That’s a great article, thank you. Helps to have visuals. Especially liked the acupressure self-massage. I spend so much time icing and elevating, I’m feeling lazy and good-for-nothing!
  11. Sue4473

    Checking in after 8 days

    Here is a pic of the water, frozen. You can see people way out, standing on it. This is Cape Cod!
  12. Sue4473

    Checking in after 8 days

    So it turned out that the “spot” on the outside of the knee indicated a problem with my IT band. I have exercises for that now, ouch, but they are helping. I took the dog to our frozen beach the other day. Both the beach and the ocean were frozen solid. As I stood on the beach the ground...
  13. Sue4473

    Checking in after 8 days

    Something is definitely going on. I've got a spot on the outside "corner" of the knee that's causing pain upon flexion or extension. I've been icing and elevating, gently exercising but not pushing it. Little worried about that spot, though.
  14. Sue4473

    Checking in after 8 days

    I know. I wasn't, at first, I felt better, as I usually do. Not today, very stiff and sore. Will see how I feel tomorrow, I may cancel Thursday.
  15. Sue4473

    Checking in after 8 days

    I am fortunate (though low on funds) that I am not working just now and can rest. Was better before PT, not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
Back
Top Bottom